Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The proper way to ask

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: The proper way to ask

Facebook worked for me.  Contact them during working hours for a quicker response (i.e. don't do it on a Sunday night!  lol!).

Message 11 of 20
JHex2
Valued Member

I used Twitter to get a PC from Platinum to CapOne, but I just applied for a CLI since its been 9 months since the PC, and I got denied due to "Recent Use of this account's existing credit line has been too low"

Not sure if I should pester them at this point, but twitter got me the PC in the first place from a $500 no-rewards platinum to a $2500 QS, so I agree that social media is probably the fastest way to get some results.

FICO (30May2017) EX - 758, EQ - 759, TU - 773

Discover IT - 11500 Arrival - 12500, Fidelity - 12000, Citi Double Cash - 8300, Citi My Best Buy - 5500, Capital One Quicksilver - 3250
Message 12 of 20
writerstale
Contributor

Definitely post back here once you know how everything plays out. Rooting for ya! LOL Dw4250 would not inquire on a Sunday though. Patient yet ready to make that next step credit card wise.

Message 13 of 20
writerstale
Contributor

I applied for BoA and they approved me for a $700 CLI. Did recon, and the rep to chat with them when I get the card in the mail, and they would probably work with me. Applied for a Chase Slate and Chase preferred. Chase Slate told me to wait 10 days for a decision. Chase Preferred has to wait 10-30 days for a decision. Applied to see what my approval options are, and what limits I get to work with. When you're told to wait 7-10 days for a decision in writing, or 10-30 days for a decision is that a bad thing, or an in the middle thing?

Message 14 of 20
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

If you're able to get ANYTHING else, I would bypass the subprime market.  Crapital One will drive you crazy with all the email EO hoops they make you jump through to acquire basic customer service.  Go with a prime lender instead who will value the relationship you build with them.  $0.02

Message 15 of 20
bk510
Valued Contributor

@dize wrote:

I have 2 quicksilver cards right now, one was a PC from a platinum that I've had since 2010. I just got the credit limit bumped from 500 to 750...the other is the credit steps card with a 500cl. I called the Eo the other day requesting a CLI on the card that was PC'd, as I have already made 10 payments in this statement period between the 2 cards, and I still have a couple more planned. I requested a CLI to $5000, but I would be more than happy with $2000. I should find out by tuesday or wednesday what the result was, if not sooner. I can chime back in and let you guys know how it turned out. The guy I spoke to was very nice and helpful. I'm hoping for a postiive outcome.

i requested 4k via EO, only granted 500.......good luck

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 16 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

BTW if you already have good credit, I would bypass Capital One all together and go with one of the other "prime" lenders.  Although they offer decent credit products, their market seems more geared towards to the no credit/rebuilding credit crowd.  Nothing wrong with that, but they can be a little frustrating to deal with when your credit actually becomes pretty good.  

They are my oldest TL by a mile (15 years)...so like an old, bitter married couple, Cap One and I are kind of stuck with each other for life Smiley Wink

I do not agree with this statement. There are absolutely no complaints from my side with Cap1 and as a matter of fact Cap1 is the one which gets me the nicest BT offers 1% BT fee for 12 months 0% APR.. BofA with lowest standard APR 9,99% and compared to this Chase with 22,99% ... so Cap1 is not bad for everybody Smiley Happy I love my Quicksilver Visa Signature and will try next year to get the 12,9% APR .. have not tried to bargain it down yet...lol

Message 17 of 20
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

There's a lot of overgeneralization with Capital One around here.  Their builder/rebuilder products are limited but that's not all that they offer.

Message 18 of 20
dize
Regular Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@dize wrote:

I have 2 quicksilver cards right now, one was a PC from a platinum that I've had since 2010. I just got the credit limit bumped from 500 to 750...the other is the credit steps card with a 500cl. I called the Eo the other day requesting a CLI on the card that was PC'd, as I have already made 10 payments in this statement period between the 2 cards, and I still have a couple more planned. I requested a CLI to $5000, but I would be more than happy with $2000. I should find out by tuesday or wednesday what the result was, if not sooner. I can chime back in and let you guys know how it turned out. The guy I spoke to was very nice and helpful. I'm hoping for a postiive outcome.

i requested 4k via EO, only granted 500.......good luck

got 250. oh well. i have another quicksilver that is in the credit steps program, so in a few months ill be getting that CLI.

Message 19 of 20
IamB2
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

There's a lot of overgeneralization with Capital One around here.  Their builder/rebuilder products are limited but that's not all that they offer.

+ 1

The problem that people run with Capital One is this. They are really good for when you are starting out and somewhat lenient with issuing rebuilder products. As such, people who are looking to rebuild their credit like them. But as their credit improves, people feel as though Capital One should simply "grow" with their credit. That is not what they do. They issue credit for rebuilding and they have their "prime" products. If your credit has improved enough, you can apply for the new, more "prime" card. But you can't blame them for not wanting to PC to a different card. They took a risk on you when you were rebuilding - they would like for you to continue using the inferior product for as long as you will keep the account open.

When i was approved for a secured credit card, Capital One was my one and only credit card. It served it's purpose as my score has improved. Now I have other, more "prime"-er cards. I can't be upset with Capital One for not wanting to graduate my card to an Unsecured version. I can apply, if I wanted another card from them, but I really don't need another card from them. So, I will leave this open until I get 2 years under my belt with another card, and then maybe close the card and get my $851 deposit back ($49 deposit for $200 and then +$1 CL Increase for each $ deposited).

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.