Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The reason CCC's are giving CLD to everyone is

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: The reason CCC's are giving CLD to everyone is

I agree with what you're saying about the over-emphasis on high scores alone. I've always said that a lender would be a fool to go solely on scores. And you're right, these days they're looking at a lot of things like zip codes and employers, and that's adding a whole new element.

But I do have to disagree that around here, that's all we focus on. Sure, there are some score freaks out there, but most who have been here a while and have done some reading and a lot of thinking understand the importance of the underlying report. I think most poor souls who post high scores + high util get an earful pretty quickly! Smiley Very Happy

And in the end, I can't control my zip code or my field of employment (well, not easily), but I can control what I do with my credit, and thus I can control that portion of my picture. So I do! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed.  Agreed.  Agreed.

Good post hobo.  As always, Hauling is on the mark.

As for the scores in sig line.....that is really in order to pre-answer the multitude of PM requests to know where you started, what you did, what effect it had and where you are now in relation to where you started.

FICO is used by lender's to do a first tier sorting.  FICO here is a mearsuring stick on results on effort....the proverbial payoff or measurment of results.

Thus, obviously a high FICO, high income, low debt but having long established credit references and history, with stability in income and locale is the real portfolio picture that needs to be looked at.

I agree with hobo in that area too.  Once people have begun to rehab the CR and FICO....try to rehab the fiscal habits, including increasing income, diversifying income streams, increasing cash reserves and retirment.  Like business, best practices are to increase revenues while reducing expenses.

Message Edited by txjohn on 04-11-2009 08:59 AM
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

We also must remember that a few of us have high FICO scores, pristine credit histories, substantial incomes, and live in "desirable" areas, but have been CLD'd. 

Message Edited by psychic on 04-11-2009 03:30 PM
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Psychic could be the designated "poster child" related to the message of my OP..... Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Psychic could be the designated "poster child" related to the message of my OP..... Smiley Happy

You're right! 

I posted my CLD news because I wanted to show the other members that it could happen to any of us!

Message 15 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

psychic wrote:

We also must remember that a few of us have high FICO scores, pristine credit histories, substantial incomes, and live in "desirable" areas, but have been CLD'd. 

Message Edited by psychic on 04-11-2009 03:30 PM

aka...my WIFE

Message 16 of 18
dizzier
Established Contributor

That's all well and good, but I don't own a home and live in a zip code that is majority rental properties and in a city that has shown almost no problems in the housing market. I have a steady income and have a util rate of around 1%. No baddies whatsoever and nearly 8 years of history. Still, I was a victim of BoA RJ.

At the end of the day, there is no rhyme or reason to the CLDs, RJs and closings. CCC are acting in the same erratic fashion that they did before the crisis and they will continue to do so afterward.

CCCs do what they think they can get away with regardless of the state of their capital. They see an opportunity here to cash in on the mass hysteria. If they can blame 15% rate increases on the economic crisis and then sit back and rake in huge finance charges that is what they will do!

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Supply and demand will eventually kick in.  Competition will compel competitive rates and offers, otherwise as more people move to alternatives such as CU's and other lenders, there will eventually come a point that the pendulum will swing back.

Also, we need to remember that these gargantuan conglomerates, mergers and acquistions, do not look at individual accounts, they look at divisions and segments as a whole.  As they "program" bottom line targets in and provide algorithm applications to achieve it, the impact is "unknown" individually....they only see the collective bottom line....and so yes, you are correct in that they will seek profit goals and projections....and sometimes this means going after the most reliable sources of income.

And this is why one man's default is everyone else cost.  Those who pay, pay for everything.  Those who don't, don't.

Call yourself "sugardaddy/mama" dizzier Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 04-13-2009 06:48 AM
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.