cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There comes a time when you need to stop!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

There comes a time when you need to stop!

I started my journey in July of 2014 with my first Barclay's Rewards MC.  $500 SL.  Today, I am past the Comenity SCT and all the fads from this site (mostly anyway).  Coming to this site at this point is more harm than good.  It's too fun to be approved for new credit.  I am a 1 percenter with my utilization so I won't blame this site for any financial trouble I would get into.  Credit is just too easy these days.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: There comes a time when you need to stop!

I think @Creditaddict would disagree with your title... I hope he has the cards you are showing that way, he doesn't go on an apree after seeing this post.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only 11 cards? There are people here with dozens Smiley Happy 

I personally think 11 is modest haha.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since July 2014 I did get 12 Comenity cards.  Cancelled all but three.  I once had 16 credit cards, went back down to 9 and am back to 11 again.  Citi FICO score of 776.  Just got another pre-selected offer from NFCU but I'll hold off on that now that I am a member.  Felt good going from no credit card for two decades to my first $500 CC to over $60k on mostly major credit cards.  Feels like I caught up with lost time.  This site gives too much inside info on hot cards and I question my impulsiveness after a few beers.

Message 4 of 10
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Very nice! Your journey is very similar to mine! I started in September 2014 with a 500 limit Discover. I now have 10 cards and I am happy with that. I have all the cards I ever wanted, I might even combine a Chase card or two.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

Very nice! Your journey is very similar to mine! I started in September 2014 with a 500 limit Discover. I now have 10 cards and I am happy with that. I have all the cards I ever wanted, I might even combine a Chase card or two.

I started in March 2016 with no CC's and now I have 10.  That is all I need with a good mix of issuers. I am okay.  I'm glad you are satisfied.

Message 6 of 10
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

polished compressed chipboard with carbon fiber legs?  or is that honed marble and its late?  lol

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the outdoor seating area of my granny's 30,000 acre plantation. The wicker was purchased with my former Pier 1 card.  You should see what it's like trying to get a 90 year old lady to give up her Buick LaSabre.

Message 8 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I started my journey in July of 2014 with my first Barclay's Rewards MC.  $500 SL.  Today, I am past the Comenity SCT and all the fads from this site (mostly anyway).  Coming to this site at this point is more harm than good.  It's too fun to be approved for new credit.  I am a 1 percenter with my utilization so I won't blame this site for any financial trouble I would get into.  Credit is just too easy these days.

I find it useful to come back, even if done.  I have given up the mortgage process for a HUGE apartment that just became available (beautiful picture windows, top floor, views, space, just no fireplace nor washer/dryer.  Not prevalent in Seattle, becoming less prevalent in newer apartments for King County).  I plan on gardening a good long while.  

Why do I not feel the same way?  I built up from every conceivable baddie in the 2000's, collections, charge offs , student loans, back taxes.  I fixed everything legally, and without a judgement (that I was aware of Smiley Wink).  I learned so much about the mortgage process, I can offer advice (which I may go again for in three to five years).  I can read the approval section, the app section, and even FOTM threads, without feeling the need for those cards.  I have enough credit, and even need to trim back some.  I have future goal cards, but that is the reason for the trim.  

But even better, I can give back my experience for building a great Fico score, having been 563 a bit over two years ago.

With all that said, I understand this place can lead to temptations.  But if you are in the gardening mode, drop by our thread occasionally.  And, there are tons of people in the rebuilding and bankruptcy section that could use some good advice.  Good luck, just don't be a stranger if you can help it.  Smiley Tongue  (PS, this is a great place to catch up on changes to your current lenders and/or their cards).

Signature needs updating
Message 9 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Only 11 cards? There are people here with dozens Smiley Happy 

I personally think 11 is modest haha.

Some folks prefer higher limits on five, to each their own I say.  I personally want to lower the number.  But, that is just me.

Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.