New Contributor
CreditusMaximus

Re: They dont call it Crapital one for nothing!

Thanks for the explanation.

Established Contributor
JayRizzo

Nooooo problem  :smileyhappy:  It can be an inconvenience when you REALLY need your money, but it can also be a good thing to protect your account.

Just as a side note:  If you REALLY need your money, contact the Senior Account Managers and request the funds to be released.  That means they will give you a temporary advance until your funds actually posts, so Cap-1 is not all that bad -- just need a little more training in Customer Service.

Mega Contributor
LS2982

JayRizzo wrote:

Nooooo problem  :smileyhappy:  It can be an inconvenience when you REALLY need your money, but it can also be a good thing to protect your account.

Just as a side note:  If you REALLY need your money, contact the Senior Account Managers and request the funds to be released.  That means they will give you a temporary advance until your funds actually posts, so Cap-1 is not all that bad -- just need a little more training in Customer Service.

Yea that didnt work out at all for me. They wanted the talk to M&T and CONFIRM the payment cleared before they let up. 5 days. BS.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Contributor
New2score

Yup same thing fo me 3 times to be exact!!
My Wallet:

Amex Zync - NPSL
Capital one - Secured $600 (soon to be axed)
Discover More - $1000

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
Sophiamarie

I didn't get the card today either, instead I got an email saying that I should send my "full deposit" so they could send me the card. Uhmm didnt they sent me an email last week confirming they had already shipped my card? Anyway, I was upset and I called them, turns out the last two emails from them were a"glitch" in the system. Come on really? .... And that my card was sent on May 10th that I should get it no later than May 18th.

Does Capital One report immediately to the CRAs?? I know bank of america reported even before I got the actual card.

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Contributor
tbolt2

Sophiamarie wrote:
I didn't get the card today either, instead I got an email saying that I should send my "full deposit" so they could send me the card. Uhmm didnt they sent me an email last week confirming they had already shipped my card? Anyway, I was upset and I called them, turns out the last two emails from them were a"glitch" in the system. Come on really? .... And that my card was sent on May 10th that I should get it no later than May 18th.

Does Capital One report immediately to the CRAs?? I know bank of america reported even before I got the actual card.

Nope..... takes approximately 60 days, so don't panic when you don't see it for a while :smileyhappy:  Mine appeared on EQ the day after my second statement....

As others mentioned, they have zero fraud tolerance - I've experienced the various hold on funds for both my unsecured card and the savings account I have with them. The hold on the CC can be a little annoying, the hold on the savings deposit not at all - it gives me another excuse not to even think about a withdrawal.... trying to save money.

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
gangof4

Or Cap1 sent it out the next day and the USPS lost it.

New Contributor
Sophiamarie

Got my card yesterday! it took almost 3 weeks but happy that is here, this is my second tradeline.

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Established Contributor
JonStur

Got my card last week of Jan. Due date was 2/20, it reported on my credit 2/23...

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+