Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They love me, they love me not . . . .

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

They love me, they love me not . . . .

Applied for a car loan with my CU, approved $25K, 4.99%, woo hoo!  Asked for a CC on the same score pull.  "Mr. Nimble, what credit limit would you like?  Here at Small FCU, the customer decides!"  "Why, Mr. CU Guy, I think $25,000 sounds great!"  Silence.  "One the other hand, $10,000 sounds good too!"  "Mr. Nimble, let's see if that's approved . . . good news, you've been approved for $3000!"

Applied for a car loan with USAA, to see if they had competitive rates -- approved, $27,500 6.69%.  Asked for CC on the same score pull.  "Mr. Nimble, your new CC with a $5000 CL is in the mail!"

So, I decided to push the envelope.  Applied for an REI VISA (US Bank).  Declined.  Man, rejection hurts.  I guess I'll find out in a week what their problem is.

Still and all, given my scores, I'm fairly happy.  Now I can ditch that whinny little CapOne card with the $500 limit.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
trdmlc
New Contributor

Re: They love me, they love me not . . . .

If you are comparing dollar amounts for Auto Loan approvals to CC approvals, it's apples and oranges.  With one there is collateral to collect if you default.

As far as the rejection, if you had multiple inquiries in such a short span, I would guess that is the reason.

Starting Score LENDER PULLS (02/23/10): 587 (TU) 554 (EQ) 562 (EX)
Current Score LENDER PULLS (07/02/10): 651 (TU) 645 (EQ) 669 (EX)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: They love me, they love me not . . . .

@trdmlc wrote:

If you are comparing dollar amounts for Auto Loan approvals to CC approvals, it's apples and oranges.  With one there is collateral to collect if you default.

As far as the rejection, if you had multiple inquiries in such a short span, I would guess that is the reason.

I was taking advantage of the credit pulls on the car loans to get the CCs without additional pulls.  Both USAA and the CU told me they wouldn't have to do an additional pull.  So, since I had the auto loan pulls, I went ahead with the CCs.

US Bank might definitely be rejecting me based on two other credit pulls in one week.  I might call them and ask, when I get a chance, or wait for the rejection letter.  Darn them, anyway.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.