Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They said YES to CLI, but I said no :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: They said YES to CLI, but I said no :(

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

It just HAS to get busier around here.  lol!!
Message 11 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

Brammy wrote:
Fused, you been talking about me to Midnight?? Smiley Very Happy

The stories I could tell..........  Smiley Very Happy

Save it! I haven't the slightest interest in reading about your escapades, conquests or any war stories for that matter!Smiley Very HappySmiley TongueSmiley Very Happy
Message 12 of 16
John060675
Valued Contributor

Sorry to get this post back on subjectSmiley Wink, but wouldn't a CL increase outweigh the inquiry in the long run?  I understand about the lowering of the score initally, but if you are not going to make a major purchase within the year why not get the CL increase?

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

John060675 wrote:
Sorry to get this post back on subjectSmiley Wink, but wouldn't a CL increase outweigh the inquiry in the long run?  I understand about the lowering of the score initally, but if you are not going to make a major purchase within the year why not get the CL increase?

Actually depending on your current utilization and cards limits as well as other things in your history, maybe not.  I was requesting double the limit on this card from 5k to 10 but since I am at 1-9% as of right now, it would do nothing to my score but may result in a drop in score from the additional inquiry. 

Or on the other had if the limit increase would not be enooughto push you down with current utilization.

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-11-2007 07:27 PM
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:
I would have thought that with 20 credit cards:
a) an extra inq wouldn't hurt
b) an extra CLI wouldn't help.
Have you considered joining The Sleigh Center? Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 09-11-2007 04:41 PM

You know, had you not posted this reply I would not have changed my mind. lol. That was Phase 1 of the 850 plan; get all inq's out of the way first and wait 12 months for them to fall off. Getting hit with new inq's would start the 12 month cycle over again. I just didn't want the inq on EX. I took the chance.

Well. I got my CLI and they didn't hit EX! Thanks MV for the push! Smiley Happy My CR went down 10 points from the inq and up around 10 points from the UTL. Mostly no score change maybe even an increase. EX hates my inqs. Actually it was probably a 50/50 chance it would have hit EX. I'm happy! Ok, this is it. No more credit card apps. No more CLIs. No more inquiries! I need to stay on track with the 850 plan. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 09-11-2007 04:33 PM
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Pizza now head to the center for your meds...lo!!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.