cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin credit history, need to travel in 6 weeks ...wanting Amex Platinum credit card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thin credit history, need to travel in 6 weeks ...wanting Amex Platinum credit card.

My Fico scores are. 729 transunion 703 equifax and 670 experian. My Average Age of account is 9 months. Credit utilization 9 % ....4 inquires Equifax. 3 inquires on Transunion .and 2 inquires on experian.  I have 3 cards. Discover credit limit $5,000 ........ $580 balance Quicksilver $1,800. .......... $55.00 Fairwinds $500 ........ $0 balance.  Experian has 2 baddies from verizon utilities 7 years ago, Transunion and Equifax is squeaky clean ...one baddie will drop off from Experian in September other in February. Also I never missed nor been late with a payment.My income is $88,500 i will do alot of traveling within the next 12 months . The bonuses and Priority Pass lounge acess is very appealing. Also...I will be apply via Amereprise Financial. If approved they will waive the annual fee of $450.00. I also have $7,000 in a certificate of deposit with Amereprise. Deep down inside I know should garden until the baddies fall off from Experian. Question, Do you think I can go for it now...or should I wait?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Re: Thin credit history, need to travel in 6 weeks ...wanting Amex Platinum credit card.

@Anonymous wrote:

My Fico scores are. 729 transunion 703 equifax and 670 experian My Average Age of account is 9 months credit utilization 9 % 4 inquires Experian. 3 inquires on a Transunion .and 2 inquires on experian.  I have 3 cards. Discover credit limit $5,000 ........ $580 balance Quicksilver $1,800. .......... $55.00 Fairwinds $500 ........ $0 balance.  Experian has 2 baddies from verizon utilities 7 years ago, Transunion and Equifax is squeaky clean ...one will drop off from Experian in September other in February. Also I never missed nor been late with a payment.My income is $88,500 i will do alot of traveling within the next 12 months . The bonuses and Priority Pass lounge acess is very appealing. Also...I will be apply via Amereprise Financial. If approved they will waive the annual fee of $450.00. I also have $7,000 in a certificate of deposit with Amereprise. Deep down inside I know should garden until the baddies fall off from Experian. Question, Do you think I can go for it now...or should I wait?

You are probably fine.  I see at least 2 prime cards there, and not too many inquiries.  Not saying you will get it, but I say you have a decent shot.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thin credit history, need to travel in 6 weeks ...wanting Amex Platinum credit card.

You are saying what I was hoping I would hear......anyone else have a opinion?  I guess at the end of the day...one inquiry won't cause much lost of sleep. Suggestions? Anyone?

Message 3 of 4
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

You may want to add  CSP (chase saphire preffered), since some parts of europe are not AMEX freiendly and the CSP has good rewards, no forex fees and can earn you up to  $500 in travel costs after a few grand spend.  AF is free for the first year. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.