Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things that make you say, "EEEEEEK!"

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Things that make you say, "EEEEEEK!"

@Watchmann wrote:

A classic case of worrying about something you have no control over...

Hmmm.  Sorry if I appear worried...I just had a moment of "**bleep**" this morning as I updated my spreadsheet...took me a grand total of two seconds to realize why my utilization climbed so high, and thought I would share the funny.

No worries, and you're certainly correct...it'll sort itself out inside the month of April.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 11 of 15
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

As some of you have seen, I keep a running spreadsheet that contains all of our credit card info.

At the bottom of the sheet, it calculates my utilization, my wife's utilization, and "our" utilization.

...of course, all of those calculations are based on the information that I input above regarding each individual credit card account.

I'm in the process of four balance transfers...and I'm far enough along that the amount has been charged to the new card, but as the checks are still in the mail, the balances have not been removed from the old cards.

This causes one's utilization (which is already too high) to climb substantially.

...it also results in coffee being spit upon the keyboard, but that's another thread...

I would love to have something like this - I try to keep up with it by hand, but with 14 revolving accounts it's hard to keep track of it all,

Did you create your own (i.e. Excel or similar) or did you find a template somewhere?

Starter version of Excel which was included on my computer.

If you've got Excel or similar, it really isn't all that difficult to create.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:

What I would worry about is having to do balance transfers in the first place, that is like a hamster on the wheel, he never gets anywhere.   

Amen to that...and we ARE making progress...but it's slow going...and I'm quick to take advantage of zero percent BT offers as they help speed along the process. 

Message 13 of 15
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
@Anonymous I use excel for a spreadsheet and it works out well with 14 accounts.

Great!  Thanks.  

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 14 of 15
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Starter version of Excel which was included on my computer.

If you've got Excel or similar, it really isn't all that difficult to create.  Smiley Happy

Thanks.  I almost never get into Excel and I'm not very familiar with it, but I do have it on my computer - I'll have to play around with it.  

I think the best thing about it would be having "real-time" updates to my utilization as I pay each month.  When I'm paying off as much as I have to do (~$25,000) and waiting for the CRAs to update and reflect this, I need some method of instant gratification... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.