cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think I can upgrade to a Cap 1 Venture Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Think I can upgrade to a Cap 1 Venture Card?

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Better cards with an AF as low as the Venture?...

Absolutely.. Double cash.. Fidelity Amex..

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

I have two Cap 1 cards. It's time for me to contact them to see about getting a CLI on the card that doesn't get rewards. My Rewads card went from $4500. to $6k earlier this year so I think I should be able to do the same with my other card. I'm also going to ask about getting that card upgraded to a Venture Card. They have two avaialble and both are listed for excellant credit. When I view their requirements it says -

These are only guidelines to help you narrow your selection, and additional factors from your application and credit history will also be considered. You may meet these criteria and still be declined. Please review the product disclosures on the card application for additional information about eligibility.

Excellent Credit
Do BOTH of these describe you?
I have never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan. I have not been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year.

- AND -
I have had a loan or credit card for 3 years or more with a credit limit above $5,000

Average Credit
Do EITHER of these describe you?
I have defaulted on a loan in the past 5 years

- OR -
I have limited credit history. I've had my own credit card or other credit for less than 3 years (including students, people new to the U.S., or authorized users on someone else's credit card).

I don't fall into what they consider average credit and I'm not totally what they consider excellant credit. I have a BK that was discharged at the beginning of 2010. Everything else is older. Current credit lines and scores are in my signiture. Do you think I might be able to convert over to this one? 

Also, your scores wouldnt qualify you for the Venture cards..  Although they are Cap one cards, they are on the cusp of Prime and some would say they are indeed prime cards, which i see.. So, your scores must come up if you want a shot at a venture card

Message 12 of 26
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Better cards with an AF as low as the Venture?...

Absolutely.. Double cash.. Fidelity Amex..

Very much true! I'm hoping to add the Fidelity Amex to my wallet in the near future. I already have the DC and i THOUGHT i was approved for the Fidelity Amex, but FIA is a joke.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

I have two Cap 1 cards. It's time for me to contact them to see about getting a CLI on the card that doesn't get rewards. My Rewads card went from $4500. to $6k earlier this year so I think I should be able to do the same with my other card. I'm also going to ask about getting that card upgraded to a Venture Card. They have two avaialble and both are listed for excellant credit. When I view their requirements it says -

These are only guidelines to help you narrow your selection, and additional factors from your application and credit history will also be considered. You may meet these criteria and still be declined. Please review the product disclosures on the card application for additional information about eligibility.

Excellent Credit
Do BOTH of these describe you?
I have never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan. I have not been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year.

- AND -
I have had a loan or credit card for 3 years or more with a credit limit above $5,000

Average Credit
Do EITHER of these describe you?
I have defaulted on a loan in the past 5 years

- OR -
I have limited credit history. I've had my own credit card or other credit for less than 3 years (including students, people new to the U.S., or authorized users on someone else's credit card).

I don't fall into what they consider average credit and I'm not totally what they consider excellant credit. I have a BK that was discharged at the beginning of 2010. Everything else is older. Current credit lines and scores are in my signiture. Do you think I might be able to convert over to this one? 

Also, your scores wouldnt qualify you for the Venture cards..  Although they are Cap one cards, they are on the cusp of Prime and some would say they are indeed prime cards, which i see.. So, your scores must come up if you want a shot at a venture card

I'm not so sure you're right about him not qualifying.  I got mine with scores right around his.  Now I don't know the rest of his credit picture but I had a tax lien and collection at the time as well..

Message 14 of 26
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I know there are some better miles rewards cards available but I don't want any new inquiries. I figure I'm already in with them so it wouldn't hurt to ask while I was going over some other things with the EO office. Or, I can ask if they have any rewards cards that this one can be PCed to. Maybe their Quicksiver?

This and my other Cap 1 card has a membership fee (one is $59. and the other is $39). These are the only cards that I have with membership fees so I want to see if they can be permanently waived. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 15 of 26
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I know there are some better miles rewards cards available but I don't want any new inquiries. I figure I'm already in with them so it wouldn't hurt to ask while I was going over some other things with the EO office. Or, I can ask if they have any rewards cards that this one can be PCed to. Maybe their Quicksiver?

This and my other Cap 1 card has a membership fee (one is $59. and the other is $39). These are the only cards that I have with membership fees so I want to see if they can be permanently waived. 

They will gladly PC you to a Quicksilver.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 16 of 26
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

They will gladly PC you to a Quicksilver.

I asked about that through chat a few months ago but was told that they couldn't.  Time to talk to the EO about that. 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

let me guess, the 59 annual fee card is from some other bank that capital one bought? if it is, then they probably won't let you pc it into another card.

Message 18 of 26
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

let me guess, the 59 annual fee card is from some other bank that capital one bought? if it is, then they probably won't let you pc it into another card.

You got it! I forget the name of the bank that held the card. It was converted over to Cap 1 last Summer. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 19 of 26
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

They won't let you PC to the Venture card, but it doesnt hurt to try. I just had to app for it. I'm actually happy i wasn't allowed to PC to it. I would have missed out on the signup bonus.

That's not completely true. I PC'd my platinum to Venture One 2 months after opening the account.

Personal:

Business:

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.