Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think i can get Amex Clear?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think i can get Amex Clear?

Ok so I have wanted a Clear card for awhile i'm young 20 years old and my credit history is about 1 year and 6 months and my scores i pulled were Eq:676, Ex:701, TU:684, that was about 2 months ago and if anything i have paid off most my cards that were around 51% used, and i should be down under 15% now so i'm just wondering if i have a shot? err sry didnt see i was in the general credit issues, this should probably be moved to credit cards my bad

Message Edited by bman69 on 12-14-2007 12:10 AM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Think i can get Amex Clear?

ok sry to not wait for an answer but i pulled my TC scores and they were TU726 EX726 EQ681, so i flipped and applied for the amex clear and it got approved for $3300 Smiley Happy my highest card... sry everyone im in a good mood
Message 2 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yay! Glad it worked out for you. At some point, you might want to grit your teeth and pull your FICO's. Many people find that their FICO's are even higher, and those TC FAKO's are terribly misleading. (I'm a huge fan of TC's reports, but definitely not of its scores.)

When the time comes for you to pull your FICO's, be sure to Google FICO discount code or FICO discount coupon first. You can always get 10% off just by calling myFICO customer service, and you can frequently find a better deal than that on line.

Congrats again!

Hey mods, can this be moved over to Credit Cards? We don't get much chatter about the Clear over there --this would be a nice addition.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 15
TULO30
Contributor

Congratulations!!!  What a fantastic way to end the year im credit!!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh yea i have a myfico account as well and i pulled those scores last month and they werent as good and updating scores here is a bit to expensive so i went over to TC for $15/month i also have quarterly monitoring from here
Message 5 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
ahh yea i have a myfico account as well and i pulled those scores last month and they werent as good and updating scores here is a bit to expensive so i went over to TC for $15/month i also have quarterly monitoring from here

Oh, believe me, I understand --I have already financed a 2-degree increase in the FICO thermostat settings at their Minneapolis office!

Just so you realize that the FAKO's don't necessarily track the movement of your FICO's, and whatever you do, don't follow any advice you get at TC that contradicts what you got on your FICO scores. The FAKO advice can really screw up your credit.

So why did you pick the Clear instead of one of the Blues? There haven't been that many people here that talk about it, so you might wind up being our Clear guru. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol yeah it was between the clear and the blue they both looked nice i just hope its slightly transparent because thats what i wanted idk why i just think it looks nice and if i dont like it i'll just switch to blue or the IN Chicago which i was almost tempted todo
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go!
Message 8 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

As I recall, the deal with Clear is that the rates are higher, but there aren't any fees for anything, including BT's, so if you can pay off a BT in a few months, it's a good deal. I think there's also an up to 12 month 0% APR, although I never know how many people get that full deal, LOL.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah it says 0% APR for 12 months but ill let you know when the card comes in hopefully this week soon Smiley Happy i've never been so excited for a cc, also idk if i should ask here but how come my TU, EX, scores are so much higher than EQ? my scores from TC are in my sig
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.