cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think twice before you apply for Citi credit card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think twice before you apply for Citi credit card.

Ok so i applied for citi card back in 2009-2010-2011-2012 all together 10 times with in 4 years all denied  not going for 2013 after i did some research here. Things are not looking good for some of the posters here when it comes to applying for citi card.Now.. there are posters here that were approved but i still remain sceptical about this lenders underwriting methods.

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: Think twice before you apply for Citi credit card.

Yet they were my first credit card - two applications (one student, one regular, didn't expect to get both) and got $4,000 and $5,000 limits.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 2 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you.We just havent had some luck as you had with them.

Message 3 of 85
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good for you.We just havent had some luck as you had with them.

That's very dismissive!  We are supposed to care about your record with Citi, anyone else's is unrepresentative apparently....

Anyway, your warning about Citi is true for almost any lender.  A lot of people on this forum have Citi cards, some, like you, have been serially rejected.  But, you have a number of cards (e.g. Penfed) that others haven't been able to get.    So we can say the same thing about them all.  

Citi is not a niche issuer, they have a wide range of cards for all different credit levels.  They may be sensitive to something in your credit report, but until/unless you can identify that, warning people to think twice is pretty pointless.

Message 4 of 85
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 5 of 85
Mellon
Established Contributor

i too have applied repeatedly for Citi (Platinum Select, Dividend, and Forward)... denied, denied, denied

Message 6 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you think i should say? Iam so happy about citi denie my app 10 time?Iam shering my experience and you should share yours no offence

Message 7 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only say the minimumm about citi.Iam not trying to put any lender down iam simply saying what happen and what should we be aware of. I know at lest 150 ppl that had account with them and all got closed for no particular reason.

Message 8 of 85
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Citi has been great to me. They gave me one of my first prime cards...I now have 3 Citi cards and they're all some of my highest limits. Just got my Thank You Preferred in the mail a couple of days ago.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 85
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

I'm not trying to add insult to injury but may I ask why would you apply for a card 10 times when you know atleast 150 whom had there acct closed for no reason?

Message 10 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.