cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking App Spree

tag
speedcredit4

Thinking App Spree

Since my scores have improved I was thinking about an App spree.  A list of the cards I was looking at.

Cap 1 Venture/ pre-qual

Cap 1 QS Visa/pre-qual

Chase Freedom/ pre-qual

Chase Slate/ pre-qual

Citi Diamond, DC, Simplicity, TYPreferred, TYPremier/ pre-qual

Amex PRG 50k offer

Amex Everyday Preferred 

Amazon store card

Best Buy

Discover it - Not sure if pre-qualified, but apped last Tuesday for instant approval of $3,500

I want to app for as many as I can that is reasonable.  I wanted to test the waters first and my TU could definitely handle the inq's so I apped for the Discover it.  After submitting the app another screen popped up asking for more detailed info.  I was then instantly approved, but no limit was shown.  I called two days later and was given my limit through the automated system.  My highest initial limit and doubles my QS MC.  Oddly they pulled EQ.  I was denied two years ago and they pulled TU.

I have about 4-5 inqs on Eq and EX in te last 6 monts due to dealership.  One on TU in the last 6.  I know if I want to app for a Citi card that has to be te next app.  I just need a little help in deciding which and how many.

Income is $30,000 and car loan hasn't reported yet.  DTI is low as the only payment showing is CC payments.  Utl is below 30%.

Baddies: Paid Medical collection $200 on EX and TU.

Student loan lates on all three 6+ years old.

Judgement on Eq and Ex 6+ years old.

I guess the Discover it approval and the recent pre-quals have me feeling like going for it.  

First Niagara MC $500| Cap1 QS1 $1,000| Cap1 QS MC $1750|
Merrick Bank $1,250| Express $1,450| Victoria Secret $2,150|
J Crew $4,850| Walmart $4,000| Discover It $3,500| Chase Freedom $1,500| Citi Simplicity $900|
Cap1 Venture $10,000| Cap1 QS Visa $3,000
Ficos: Tu-688 / Eq-688 / Ex-642
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Re: Thinking App Spree

The first thing I will think of after the app spree is will you be able to meet all the spending requirements?
And I would go with the combo Amex PRG/EDP first, then Freedom, and then Venture personally if I were you. 

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends what you want to use them for. 

For Citi, DP is basically just a BT card. If you need a BT, it'd be good. If you don't, it's not. I just PC'd mine to Double Cash today. If you want rewards, I'd say DC from Citi and Freedom. 

I'm not a Cap One fan due to triple pull, but if you're looking for a high limit, they've been giving out the biggest, so maybe Venture. I can't bring myself to do it. 

Message 3 of 5
speedcredit4

I don't mind a BT card from Citi, just concerned about the limit or denial.  Would a Simplicity or Diamond come wit a higher limit than the BC?

Also when apping for Amex should I just open both apps and submit the second if the first is approved for only one HP?

Citi

Amex

Chase

Cap1

Is this the correct order from most strict?

I can meet the spend requirement if I don't app for the TYPremier.

First Niagara MC $500| Cap1 QS1 $1,000| Cap1 QS MC $1750|
Merrick Bank $1,250| Express $1,450| Victoria Secret $2,150|
J Crew $4,850| Walmart $4,000| Discover It $3,500| Chase Freedom $1,500| Citi Simplicity $900|
Cap1 Venture $10,000| Cap1 QS Visa $3,000
Ficos: Tu-688 / Eq-688 / Ex-642
Message 4 of 5
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@speedcredit4 wrote:

I don't mind a BT card from Citi, just concerned about the limit or denial.  Would a Simplicity or Diamond come wit a higher limit than the BC?

Also when apping for Amex should I just open both apps and submit the second if the first is approved for only one HP?

Citi

Amex

Chase

Cap1

Is this the correct order from most strict?

I can meet the spend requirement if I don't app for the TYPremier.

It depends on your preferrence. Do you value Amex or Chase than Citi/Cap1? But I think your order is reasonable, as Citi is known for inq sensitivity.
And the 2 apps 1 HP Amex is not a sure thing. Some people got it, but some didn't. In my case, I submitted my ED app after my PRG was approved. Only 1 HP for me.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.