cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about applying for a prime card or two. Few questions.

tag
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Thinking about applying for a prime card or two. Few questions.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cred90 wrote:
that's what I'm thinking. Either the capital one quicksilver or denture. I've had a relationship with them from my secured credit card for about four years now so I think they probably take that into consideration as well?

I do believe so.  Have you tried seeing if they would switch your secured card to a unsecured line as well?  I would call them and see, and I would still apply for a QS as you can have multiple sub-prime accounts through Cap1

Don't waste your time calling cap1 about the secured card, they do not unsecure their secured cards at all

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I had no idea they didn't.  I've never had a secured card through anyone though.

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cred90 wrote:
that's what I'm thinking. Either the capital one quicksilver or denture. I've had a relationship with them from my secured credit card for about four years now so I think they probably take that into consideration as well?

I do believe so.  Have you tried seeing if they would switch your secured card to a unsecured line as well?  I would call them and see, and I would still apply for a QS as you can have multiple sub-prime accounts through Cap1

Don't waste your time calling cap1 about the secured card, they do not unsecure their secured cards at all

Message 22 of 26
Cred90
Established Member

Yes I've tried and even spoke with the executive office about on securing my card about a year ago. They couldn't do anything not even waste my $39 annual fee. Ridiculous. But I am definitely looking and applying for either the QS or venture. Do they come as a Visa or MasterCard in general?
AMEX PRG NPSL(w/pay over time), Discover $2000, Cap 1 (sec) $300.
Message 23 of 26
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Cred90 wrote:
Yes I've tried and even spoke with the executive office about on securing my card about a year ago. They couldn't do anything not even waste my $39 annual fee. Ridiculous. But I am definitely looking and applying for either the QS or venture. Do they come as a Visa or MasterCard in general?

They will come as VISA if you app for them directly (people do have MC versions of them but those came for PC's)

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@Cred90 wrote:

They will come as VISA if you app for them directly (people do have MC versions of them but those came for PC's)

I don't think that's a hard and fast rule.  You can app for it directly and still have it come through as an MC without ever doing a PC.  I believe the distinction is that Visa's have higher SL's and are issued to those with higher credit scores. 

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The QS MC is typically if it's the QS1. Venture is always visa if apped directly. QS is visa
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.