cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about emailing CEO of Bank of America about my credit report, is this advised?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking about emailing CEO of Bank of America about my credit report, is this advised?

Hey everybody, I am very close to paying off an old charged off Bank of America credit card debt that was initially $5,500, now it is around $900. But when I was doing a random check of my 3 credit reports, I noticed that my BOA account was reporting on all the others except for Transunion, in fact through some research I found it was not reporting on Transunion for quite some time. So I called in to a CSR for Bank of America, no one was able to help me or give me a clear answer, and thus I was just ping ponged around from department to department within Bank of America. I eventually contacted the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau and filed a complaint. Just 4 days later, a nice lady from a Bank of America deparment called "Enterprise Customer Care Resolution" called me and promised to help me out. So I took her word that she would indeed help me, but two weeks later the only thing I received was a signed letter from her confirming that my account was indeed reporting with Equifax and Experian but not Transunion. In addition, she also wrote that even though the account was not reporting to Transunion, they were not going to add it back on to Transunion because it is scheduled to fall off at the end of this year anyway. Thus she told me to call Transunion about this. I feel like Bank of America is passing the buck to Transunuion, because they are the ones (since they are the creditor) who have the power to report the account back to Transunion, so why in the world should I call Transunion about this matter. So despite an CFPB complaint, I feel that my complaint was not researched adequately. I have heard/read about people contacting/emailing the CEO of Bank of America with quite some success, should I take this route? And even though I have almost paid this account in full, is it likely the CEO or his executive office will ignore me since it is a charged off account? I just was hoping the CEO or his office could straighten this out whereby they see to it that it starts reporting back to Transunion again like it should be. In addition, has anyone heard of "Enterprise Customer Care Resolution"?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: Thinking about emailing CEO of Bank of America about my credit report, is this advised?

Maybe i'm not understanding something here. Why do you want a charged off account to report?

Message 2 of 10
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Thinking about emailing CEO of Bank of America about my credit report, is this advised?

+1, not sure why getting a charged off, soon to fall off, account back on your report is worth the effort?

What are your MyFICO scores? Which other credit accounts do you have already? Age of accounts?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I have to agree with other posters here. Why in the world would you want to have a COed account report back to TU, its not going to show as a paid as agreed account ever again even though you are paying it off. I would cease and desist any further efforts on this and start calling for the early exclusion to have the account removed from EX & EQ 2-3 months prior to December.

Message 4 of 10
RSCo
Established Contributor

Full Moon.... Er.....

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Countingpennies wrote:

Maybe i'm not understanding something here. Why do you want a charged off account to report?

Well its just that I want to have the account showing a $0 balance on all 3 reports before it falls off. But now that I think about it, I will probably pay it down to a $0 balance even after it falls off my credit reports just so they don't come after me for any unpaid balance. Also, probably not worth the effort like you said , as it could awake sleeping dogs.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RSCo wrote:

Full Moon.... Er.....

Nope, full moons effects don't apply to me. I just wrote this post to see what people's thoughts are on this subject, but given others helpful responses, I think I will definitely leave it alone.

Message 7 of 10
RSCo
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RSCo wrote:
Er.....

Nope, full moons effects don't apply to me. I just wrote this post to see what people's thoughts are on this subject, but given others helpful responses, I think I will definitely leave it alone.

I think that's the best bet.. I'm just curious. Why would you think that it would be in your best interest to fight to have anything negative added to your credit report? Maybe that lady at BOA was just as confused and that's likely why she requested that you sign an affidavit where you acknowledge you wanted to have a negative mark added to your report.  Big props for working to satisfy whatever debt you felt you owed them.. That's commendable.. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face though..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, nobody is required to report anything to the credit bureaus. I'm not really sure why you would file a complaint against them in the first place.
Message 9 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I agree with seeing no reason to do this. Leave well enough alone.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.