cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about the JCB Marukai Premium. Any Advice?

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Thinking about the JCB Marukai Premium. Any Advice?

Well since I live in California I am eligible for the Marukai Premium card.  I think this card would round out my credit card portfolio quite nicely.  I pretty much have all the 5% categories covered.  Now I need something for everyday non bonus spending for like day care,  liqueur stores, car repairs and stuff like that.  What do you think?  This card seems to be quite attractive, 3% unlimited cashback on everything.  The only negatives I have heard about this card is they have no online account access and they round down all your cashback purchases.

So how easy is this card to get? Are they inq and new account sensitive?  Do they allow CLI or APR drops?  Thoughts?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Thinking about the JCB Marukai Premium. Any Advice?

This card is easy to get for you. You do need to prepare to send in a copy of your W-2 (or 4506-T if you are self-employed) for approval. I have heard JCB will HP twice (one for applying and another one when you send in W-2/4506-T).

JCB does start you with low CL. So far there is no report on CLI or APR reduction experience. Keep in mind that JCB-Discover alliance only covers card present transaction. That means for online and telephone shopping merchants need to explicitly state they accept JCB.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.