Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Lowes card after closing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking of Lowes card after closing

Hi all. My house will be completed in a couple of months and I was thinking of applying for a Lowes card after closing to purchase things I will need around the house. Can anyone share thoughts on what credit score would be approved by them and if starting limits are usually low or high? I believe I've read that it's a Synchrony card and I've never had a card with them so just looking for some folks that have this card and are willing to share. Before anyone stops by to point this out, I KNOW already that no one here can give me a sure answer and it's based on my own credit profile. Just want some guidance on Synchrony. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thinking of Lowes card after closing

Just approved for a Lowes card yesterday. Pulled TU, 758 score. Instant approval online $2000. Called credit solutions that day and requested $20000, approved.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. $2000 seems like a low SL with your score, mine will only be around 660 or so. But encouraging to know they are recon friendly.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your response. $2000 seems like a low SL with your score, mine will only be around 660 or so. But encouraging to know they are recon friendly.

Lowes does not typically give out large starting limits when you apply online.  They gave me $300 when I was approved.  As soon as I got the card, that limit went to $25K and now its $35K.

You should be ok at 660 but of course it all depends on what else is on your reports.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applie with a 664 TU in-store and got a $1500 SL. Called on when I got home and it was raised to $5000.
Message 5 of 6
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all. My house will be completed in a couple of months and I was thinking of applying for a Lowes card after closing to purchase things I will need around the house. Can anyone share thoughts on what credit score would be approved by them and if starting limits are usually low or high? I believe I've read that it's a Synchrony card and I've never had a card with them so just looking for some folks that have this card and are willing to share. Before anyone stops by to point this out, I KNOW already that no one here can give me a sure answer and it's based on my own credit profile. Just want some guidance on Synchrony. Thanks in advance!

I opened my lowes in 2011 TU score about 600, it started off at 300, in 2015 my credit score TU went up to 730 I called and requested 25,000 and received my request, it has come in very handy, last night we went to lowes and got a fridge, stove, dishwasher, stove hood, vinyl plank flooring, and a few other things, qualified for 84 month financing at 5.9% financing, our payments will be approx 73.00 a month.  They also have a 6 mo promotion if you spend more than I believe 299.00 you get 6 mo free financing. So great deal for those buying new houses or remodeling an older home.  

They don't give large limits if you have baddies on your report, so if you have a public record, or collection account or recent lates plan on it staying at a low limit until those fall off. 

Best Wishes!!!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.