cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of PCing from Hilton HHonors to Blue Cash Everyday!

tag
KG1978
Valued Member

Thinking of PCing from Hilton HHonors to Blue Cash Everyday!

I've been thinking of doing a product change on my new Hilton HHonors card to the BCE but I can't decide. Im so scared it will be a mistake. Does  anyone one know which card is more rewarding? My big concern is that my APR will go from 15.25 on the HHilton to 17 something on the BCE. I don't plan on caring a balance but it was nice to be awarded a low APR for once. What I truly want is the Blue Cash Preferred card but they just don't want me to have it. I app for it over and over and get denied. I can't figure out why they approved me for the HHonors card though. What would you do?

My Wallet: Best Buy Store ($750), Care Credit ($4000) GE Broyll Hill ($6000), Amex Green Card, Citi Dividend MC ($6800), Citi Thank you Preferred ($9800), Amazon Store Card ($2500), Victorias Secret ($1550), Kohls ($600), AF ($1300), Crate and Barrel ($4750) Discover Miles ($5000), Blue Cash Everyday ($3000), Walmart Discover($5800), Target ($500), Blue Cash Preferred(2000) and Chase Freedom($3000), Amex Gold Delta (9200).
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Thinking of PCing from Hilton HHonors to Blue Cash Everyday!

Are you sure that is even possible?  Usually agreements with co-brand preclude changing.  Not sure with AMEX.  Also, my impression is that AMEX Blue is harder to get than co-brand AMEX revolver.  I would call to see if it is even possible.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 10
KG1978
Valued Member

I inquired a few weeks ago about PCing to the BCP and recieved this responce,

Dear Blah Blah Blah,

As required by the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act, Consumer accounts that have been open less than 1 year may not transfer to a new Consumer account if the change would result in a higher annual membership fee.

This is why we are unable to change your Hilton HHonors Card to our Blue Cash Preferred Card, at the moment.

The only option available to transfer to is the Blue Cash Everyday Card. Here is some information about a product transfer:

1- The account number will not change as a result of the product change. The four digit CID number on the front of the Card will change. If you have any recurring billings that require the CID, you may need to contact the Merchants to update their information once the new Card is received. 

2- Transfer into the new product will be completed in 24 - 48 hours. 

Here are some features of the Blue Cash Everyday Card:

No annual membership fee. 
No expiration on Reward Dollars balance. 
3% reward on Supermarkets, 2% reward on Gas and Department Stores, and 1% on all other eligible spend. 
Reward Dollars can be redeemed for gift cards, cash back (statement credit), or merchandise. 
There is no limit on the number of additional Cardmembers that can be added. 
Unlimited reward potential with no spending cap. 

My Wallet: Best Buy Store ($750), Care Credit ($4000) GE Broyll Hill ($6000), Amex Green Card, Citi Dividend MC ($6800), Citi Thank you Preferred ($9800), Amazon Store Card ($2500), Victorias Secret ($1550), Kohls ($600), AF ($1300), Crate and Barrel ($4750) Discover Miles ($5000), Blue Cash Everyday ($3000), Walmart Discover($5800), Target ($500), Blue Cash Preferred(2000) and Chase Freedom($3000), Amex Gold Delta (9200).
Message 3 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Interesting.  I have same impression that Blue Cash has noticeably higher credit standards than their co-brand cards.  If this is true, then this might be back door into the Blue Cash cards.  You should be able to switch to BCP from BCE once the year is up as well.  As for the APR, not much you can do about it I would think.  Different cards with different reward structures (which might be more or less expensive to AMEX) will have different interest rate tiers.  My expectation is that you will move to the equivalent credit tier that you had with Hilton card so expect interest rate to increase.

Message 4 of 10
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Why do you want the Everyday instead of the Preffered? If you spend 1000 in the first 3 months your AF is covered for two years with the 150 cash back. then you can reap the rewards of the preffered for 2 years then possibly PC to the Everyday is your spending doesnt justify your AF. just my opinion Smiley Happy i love my preffered card. even though groceries in my Family cover My wife and I + 2 dogs.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 5 of 10
KG1978
Valued Member

I would much rather have the preferred but  I was denied. Like Crashem said this is a backdoor into a blue card and I will do a product change into the preferred after a year. 

Message 6 of 10
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

ah ok. hopefully the kicker will be better by then! instead of 150 $225!!!

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 7 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@KG1978 wrote:

I would much rather have the preferred but  I was denied. Like Crashem said this is a backdoor into a blue card and I will do a product change into the preferred after a year. 

Well let us know how it goes.  I'm still a little shocked that this works.  Pretty sure I have called before about switching co-brand card to other type but they said it wasn't possible.  However, I trust an email response from AMEX more than some random CS rep and my faulty memory.  I think I actually cancelled my card and apped for BCP.  Funny thing is that I didn't mind as every AMEX I add is worth roughly 23 years of credit history.

Message 8 of 10
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

@Crashem wrote:

Funny thing is that I didn't mind as every AMEX I add is worth roughly 23 years of credit history.

Oh what I wouldn't give for an AmEx backdate! Oh well. In 2035 I will be able to say the same thing.

Starting Score: EX: 652 FICO | TU: ??? FICO | EQ ??? FICO
Current Score: EX: 760 FICO | TU: 737 FICO | EQ: 754 FICO
Goal Score:      EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
Venture, BCP, Zync, USAA AMEX, Freedom, Forward, NFCU Flagship, Discover, Barclay, Mil Star, United Explorer

Message 9 of 10
KG1978
Valued Member

Its official...

I've taken care of this request for you.

You'll be glad to know that your request for the product change to Blue Cash Everyday Card with $0.00 Annual fee has been approved.

The Product Change will be effective on 08/12/2012.

You will receive details regarding the change in terms by mail.

Your current Card can continue to be used until the new Card is received.Your new Card will be received within 7-10 business days.

For your information, you are not enrolled in Membership Rewards.You'll be earning Reward Dollars for the eligible purchases made on this Card. 

You can earn, bank and redeem Reward Dollars anytime as a statement credit, gift cards or merchandise with a minimum of 25 Reward Dollars in your reward bank to redeem a reward.

It was a pleasure to assist you today.Have an excellent weekend!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.