Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Third PRE-APPROVED CARD

Today was the first pre-approval from a company that I actually currently do business with. TD Bank has been pretty good to me for the few years I've had them.The question is does it make since to accept their pre-approval if my goal is to get nothing but prime cards? Their offer is for a cash back card and 6 months no interest. What do you guys think,thumbs up or thumbs down?

 

BTW, my chatty baby sister called today to Chase and get this.........SHE TALKED THEM INTO ANOTHER CREDIT INCREASE:manmad:

She had her Amazon card for only two months and has managed to get two increases.Started at $1500 then had it increased to $3K last week, and today talked a rep into another double increase....$6K.  Both were hard pulls but she is ok with those successful inquiries.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Third PRE-APPROVED CARD

Update!!

Baby sis plans to call and have her BP Visa limit doubled by the end of this week. You know what this tells me? Credit approval as well as credit increases has more to do with your ability to put forth a convincing arguement for a point of view than anything connected to credit scores.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 455
Registered: ‎01-04-2012
0

Re: Third PRE-APPROVED CARD

stick to your plan. Happy for your sister congrats on her cli.

Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Third PRE-APPROVED CARD


wallyworld123 wrote:

stick to your plan. Happy for your sister congrats on her cli.


Thanks. Think I will just hang in there and wait till march.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: Third PRE-APPROVED CARD

Is she hot? Lol
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Third PRE-APPROVED CARD


armbenderc wrote:
Is she hot? Lol

lol or atleast does she sound cute as hell or sexy with a real 1900 voice? lol


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,738
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: Third PRE-APPROVED CARD

Let me have her number. I need some baby sitter for me and.................my credit increase. Lol


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 10,854
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Third PRE-APPROVED CARD


MountainHiker wrote:

Update!!

Baby sis plans to call and have her BP Visa limit doubled by the end of this week. You know what this tells me? Credit approval as well as credit increases has more to do with your ability to put forth a convincing arguement for a point of view than anything connected to credit scores.


You're probably right; having spent much time as a CSR in other industries, it was just human nature for me to respond better to folks who treated me better or were simply more interesting to talk to.  

 

There's a limit to this; however, many times it's just a matter of getting the CSR to ask the right questions or to go slightly further than they usually would for your own request.  Also just like everyone else CSR's have off days too (and FWIW it's incredibly hard to talk to customers day in and day out in a phone queue) and sometimes you either just get lucky or not based on who's phone the ACD system drops you onto.

 

 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 683, EQ 8 690, TU 710, EX 715 (01/01/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 492
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

Re: Third PRE-APPROVED CARD


Revelate wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

Update!!

Baby sis plans to call and have her BP Visa limit doubled by the end of this week. You know what this tells me? Credit approval as well as credit increases has more to do with your ability to put forth a convincing arguement for a point of view than anything connected to credit scores.


You're probably right; having spent much time as a CSR in other industries, it was just human nature for me to respond better to folks who treated me better or were simply more interesting to talk to.  

 

There's a limit to this; however, many times it's just a matter of getting the CSR to ask the right questions or to go slightly further than they usually would for your own request.  Also just like everyone else CSR's have off days too (and FWIW it's incredibly hard to talk to customers day in and day out in a phone queue) and sometimes you either just get lucky or not based on who's phone the ACD system drops you onto.

 

 


I have worked in enough call-center oriented companies (including my current one) to know this is absolutely true.  The best thing you can do is be organized, polite, and well-reasoned when you call a CSR. Some of it is still luck of the draw, but the more you treat them like an intelligent human being deserving of your respect instead of like the grunge at the bottom of your recycling bin, the more likely they will be to engage with you and help you.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12)
Current: EQ 670 (myFICO 9/8/14), EX 694 (Prosper 7/17/14) , TU 693 (WalMart 9/2/14) Goal: 700+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Amex Zync NPSL (> 10k), C1 Venture VS $5k, Amex SPG $4.5k, Walmart (Store) $2.5k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Best Buy Rewards MC $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,242
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: Third PRE-APPROVED CARD

AGREEED!

As a Leasing Agent, I get Cust Serv.

 

Don't expect me to go out of my way if you are rude, unorganized, and condescending. 

 

With Chase, I went from denial... to approval after two recons.... lol Got my Chase Freedom with a $5,000 limit after two tries.  I'd say that's successful too haha :-P. 

 

Congrats!! and good luck :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.