Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Amazon UW number 800-240-0512 is NOT for consumers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This Amazon UW number 800-240-0512 is NOT for consumers

Since Synchrony (aka Suckhrony) backs the Amazon Visa and Store cards. When you called does the person answer saying Amazon or Synchrony? Did you just say hi I'd like to get a credit line increase on my account and then they asked you for SS#, etc?

Message 11 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Since Synchrony (aka Suckhrony) backs the Amazon Visa and Store cards. When you called does the person answer saying Amazon or Synchrony? Did you just say hi I'd like to get a credit line increase on my account and then they asked you for SS#, etc?

The Amazon visa is backed by Chase, only the store card is backed by Synch.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bad I knew that. DOH!

Message 13 of 17
HamInaCan
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

what's wrong with canadian customer service rep? Smiley LOL

Love our neighbors to the north! =)

Even the overseas reps are NICE. They are just not equipped to do ANYTHING outside the scope of the book in front of them, or what they are comfortable to do!

Message 14 of 17
HamInaCan
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi CreditLuv,

Guy answered like he was my best friend. "Thanks for calling Amazon, how can I help you"? I said, "May I inquire if you are a credit analyst"? He said "Sure what do you need"? Told him, "Account is only 4 months old. Computer issued me an increase of 400. I really would desire 1200 more than that to make a big purchase". He said, "lets look into that". Verified my acocunt, asked for income. Put me on hold. 45 seconds later congratulated me on the increase. He closed with "Thanks for calling Amazon Synchrony and allowing us to serve you".

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much. For other people when you call Synchrony's other cards or other places and you ask the person "Are you a credit analyst" and they say no what do you say? And if they say can help you or you have to go through me what do you say to counter that to make sure your getting to a CLI decision maker and not the usual minumum wage CSR that is just reading what the computer tells them and probably pulling a old 2-3 month credit reports of yours.

Message 16 of 17
HamInaCan
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks so much. For other people when you call Synchrony's other cards or other places and you ask the person "Are you a credit analyst" and they say no what do you say?

I am fairly certain the number @baller4life provided is for a credit analyst. This man knew his stuff. You can tell by their voice most of the time. He was cool and knew how to interact. Most credit analysists tend to be more laid back than level 1 CS reps. Probably from not having people calling them up and ripping them all day long. :-)  

Just my advice: For any other members here calling up, if you think they aren't one, just stay calm, tell them you wish to have your account looked over if there is a possibility to increase credit line. ALWAYS say you are looking to make a high ticket purchase and you don't want to max out your utilization hurting your account with them and your credit score overall, as you want to make the purchase with their card. 99% of the time they will ask you what YOU are looking for as a credit line & what you are looking to buy. - so don't be crazy on your request.

Finally, don't lie. If they ask about past bad credit, a bkp, judgement etc, be honest, they can SEE all of your past. Tell them you are on the road to recovery and thank them for the opportunity.

Don't give them 199% of your credit education and verbiage. Just the basics, enough so they know you did your homework. Be nice. Even if they reject you or counter a smaller increase, be nice. Most of them will tell you if asked, WHY you were not successful and can become your friend making sure you can reach your goal or telling you when you can call back again.

Synchrony is not bad, depending WHICH retailer you call! Some are awesome. Some are so bad you would rather stick needle in your eye and think it is a more pleasurable situation!

All of you are awesomesauce on here, (that is a cool commercial for that card) LOL.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.