Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This cracks me up - Capital One

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

This cracks me up - Capital One

So for the hell of it today I decided to try the pre-qualified thing at the Crapital One website and selected the "Good" option...While I don't have any cards that have $5,000 limit, my credit is flawless.  No baddies whatsoever.  So after selecting "Good" (because I wasn't going to do "Fair" for the sake of credit line)...I get the response "Sorry Michael, we couldn't find any cards for you." And then presented me with a "But you may be interested in..." crappy Crapital One Standard Platinum and a No Hassles Cash.  GARBAGE.

See what I'm saying? Why can't I get anything? *grumble* I had no intention for apping with Capital One, but I just wanted to see what I could qualify for just for the heck of it.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Re: This cracks me up - Capital One

@ArisGreek wrote:

get the response "Sorry Michael, we couldn't find any cards for you." And then presented me with a "But you may be interested in..." crappy Crapital One Standard Platinum and a No Hassles Cash.  GARBAGE.

These pre-qualifiers can return a lot of nonsense. I had a pre-qualified offer from BoA for a fantastic cashback CC in the mail. I was skeptical about being approved so I tried their online pre-qualifier to be sure. It said that I wasn't eligible for anything. Then I applied and entered the code from my pre-qualifier letter. Bang, instant approval.

I have the No Hassle Cashback (no AF, 2% on gas/groceries and 1% on everything else). I would not call it garbage. Rather, it is a decent card that is easy to handle. No minimum cashback accrual.Some of their top cards are pretty good. Everyone calls them crappy and the like but if you have good credit, pay your bills on time and don't burn them, they treat you nicely and give you a generous credit line.

Message 2 of 5
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Do it again and chose Excellent instead of good, it'll come out with 'But you might like...' Venture and other 'good' credit card, if there is such a thing at Capital one.

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wollepopolle wrote:

I have the No Hassle Cashback (no AF, 2% on gas/groceries and 1% on everything else). I would not call it garbage. Rather, it is a decent card that is easy to handle. No minimum cashback accrual.Some of their top cards are pretty good. Everyone calls them crappy and the like but if you have good credit, pay your bills on time and don't burn them, they treat you nicely and give you a generous credit line.

I completely agree. Capital One has given me the highest CL and lowest APR of any of my cards.

Message 4 of 5
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Beggers can't be choosers.   If no one else will give you a card, why not accept what they will give you and then try to make it grow.  Once that ages then apply to another card with your thicker credit file.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.