Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This finally might be my month CLI

tag
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Re: This finally might be my month CLI

@aleicgrant wrote:

I might add that during that very trying time I managed to never miss a payment. I have trade lines as old as 2000 with no missed payments. So I am hoping the lower util and score will put me over the hump

I was in the same predicament a few years back with only my unemployment check as a source of income. I was splitting that income between two car loans and 5 CCs, plus daily expenses. I only managed to miss one payment in 2010 for one of my car loans (late mailing in the payment).

I think you have a good chance of getting a CLI once your lower util reports. I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 11 of 16
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Looks like you are in good position for them to say "yes."  Good Luck!!

Message 12 of 16
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

im confused. your saying if I go to do a CLI they will not used an updated report but in fact one from January (last time I requested)

Message 13 of 16
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@aleicgrant wrote:

im confused. your saying if I go to do a CLI they will not used an updated report but in fact one from January (last time I requested)

Amex will use the last soft pull they have of your report, they will not pull your report at the time that you request the CLI.  Amex has probably SP'd your report at least once since January, maybe more than once.  Do you have access to your soft pulls on your EX report?  When you were denied in January, that action gave you access to your EX report for free.  If it's been less than 90 days since that denial, you can still get that free EX report by going to www.experian.com.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 14 of 16
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

It depends on the last SP they did on your CR. They base their decision on their last SP when you request for a CLI. They may still have old info, so check your report to see when they last SP'd you. Make sure your lower util has reported, check to see if they SP'd that current report, then ask for the CLI.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 15 of 16
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

thanks for all the good info. The rep told me the next time I could request a CLI was April 1. Any requests before then just would use the old report from the previous time and automatically end up as a no. So I will be sure to ask them if its a new SP. fingers, toes all crossed

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.