Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a TOTAL Bull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a TOTAL Bull

Released on Sept 1, 2009 by JD Power Associates. AMERICAN EXPRESS RANKS HIGHEST IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AMONG CREDIT CARD COMPANIES FOR THE THIRD CONSECUTIVE YEAR..

NEW YORK, September 01, 2009 -- American Express ranks highest in customer satisfaction among credit card issuers, according to the third annual nationwide study by J.D. Power and Associates. The study, which was released earlier today, ranks American Express highest in overall satisfaction among 21 of the largest card issuers in the U.S.

The J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Credit Card Satisfaction Study(SM) looks at six factors to determine overall satisfaction – Customer Interaction, Billing and Payment Process, Fees and Rates, Rewards Programs, Benefits and Services, and Problem Resolution.

"We are honored to be recognized for customer satisfaction by our Cardmembers for the third year in a row, particularly given these challenging times,” said Jud Linville, C.E.O. and president of Consumer Services, American Express. “We have had to make tough decisions over the past year in response to the business and economic environment and we know our Cardmembers have also been making tough decisions.

“We are focused on helping our Cardmembers in a variety of ways during these difficult times – offering double rewards points for gas and grocery purchases; adding practical everyday rewards in our Membership Rewards program like home appliances; offering special payment programs for Cardmembers facing temporary financial difficulties; and enhancing our web site with online financial management tools, tips and advice. We will continue to focus on what our customers want – for us it is about building customer loyalty and we are deeply appreciative of the vote of confidence we received today.”

For more information about the J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Credit Card Satisfaction Study go to 

About American Express
American Express issues a broad and diverse set of consumer card products and services, including charge cards, credit cards, reward cards and co-brand cards. All American Express Charge and Credit Cards offer a number of core benefits and services, at no extra cost, as part of the value of being a Cardmember, including:

Customer Service – assists Cardmembers with any issues 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Dispute Resolution – helps Cardmembers resolve a dispute with a charge on their monthly statement. If a Cardmember is unable to resolve the situation with the merchant, they simply call American Express who takes an active role in helping to resolve the dispute fairly.

Identity Theft Assistance – provides dedicated support that can help Cardmembers safeguard their personal information. If it is determined that the Cardmember's identity has been stolen, American Express will provide assistance in helping to regain it.

Fraud Protection Guarantee – ensures that Cardmembers are not held responsible for any fraudulent charges made on their Card both online and offline.

Account Alerts – Cardmembers are always in control with Account Alerts that can be sent via e-mail, mobile phone, pager or PDA. Account Alerts include:

• Payment Due – Cardmembers can avoid late fees by knowing exactly when payments are due. Plus, they can choose how far in advance they want to be notified.
  • Account Payments (online or by phone) – Cardmembers have the option to pay their bill online or by phone. And, unlike many bank cards, there are no fees for these services.
  • Payment Received – Cardmembers can find out exactly when their payment was received.
  • Balance Update – Cardmembers can find out what their balance is on a daily or weekly basis.
  • Irregular Account Activity – Cardmembers can be notified when irregular charges are detected on their account.

Year End Summary – provides a way to help simplify budgeting and tax preparation.

Buyer Protection Services:

• Purchase Protection – provides added protection for accidental damage to or theft of covered items purchased with the Card for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
  • Buyer's Assurance – extends the terms of the original manufacturer's warranty, up to one additional year, on covered products purchased with the Card. Applies to U.S.-eligible warranties of five years or less.
  • Return Protection – guarantees satisfaction on covered items purchased entirely with the American Express Card. If a Cardmember tries to return a designated item within 90 days from the date of purchase and the store won't take it back, American Express will refund the Cardmember's account for the full purchase price, up to $300 per item, and up to a maximum of $1,000 annually per Cardmember account.

Traveler Protection Services:

• Global Assist Hotline – provides Cardmembers with access to an emergency referral service (24 hours a day, seven days a week) to local medical and legal providers, as well as relevant pre-trip information concerning passports, visas, etc., when traveling. Services include:

• Urgent Travel Arrangements – helps Cardmembers make emergency travel arrangements as needed.
    • Passport Replacement – replaces a Cardmember's lost passport and helps cancel all cards (American Express as well as other card issuers) and ensures the Cardmember will receive a new American Express Card within 24 hours in the U.S.
    • Lost Luggage Assistance – navigates the airline lost luggage process and keeps in contact with the Cardmember until luggage has been retrieved and delivered to the Cardmember's hotel.

• Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance – provides Cardmembers with insurance coverage for damage to or theft of most rental vehicles when they reserve and pay for the auto rental with their eligible American Express Card.

The American Express Charge and Credit Card products include:

Charge Cards – account balance is due in full each month.

- American Express Green Card
- American Express Gold Card
- Preferred Rewards Gold Card
- American Express Platinum Card
- American Express Centurion Card

Credit Cards – account balance can be paid over time.

- Blue from American Express
- Blue Sky from American Express
- Blue Cash Card
- Clear from American Express

In addition to charge and credit cards, American Express also offers a number of co-brand Cards, including but not limited to the Delta SkyMiles Credit Card; the Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card from American Express; and the Starwood Preferred Guest Card from American Express. The co-brand Cards offer some of the core benefits listed above, as well as a variety of special benefits specific to each Card.

Cardmembers of American Express can rely on having access to a broad array of rewards and unique experiences as well as world-class customer service. Each product offers a different level of travel, entertainment and lifestyle benefits.

American Express Company (www.americanexpress.com) is a leading global payments, network and travel company founded in 1850.

Totally bunch of Bullsh1t really!!

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 09-02-2009 01:15 PM
Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 09-02-2009 01:16 PM
Message Edited by LilMirth on 09-06-2009 10:20 AM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: This is a TOTAL Bullsh1t

If they like you you are golden. What I hear from people who they've treated right anyway. You only hear the complaints on the credit boards for the most part.
Message 2 of 15
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Despite AMEX dropping the CL on my Blue card from $13k to $6.5k, I have always been treated well by their customer service department. They always waived my annual fee on my Delta Platinum card, always overnight me a new card when my is lost or damaged (no cost of course), and always responded to questions I had within 4-5 hours if I emailed them.

If I could forget about the credit line decrease, they would be my favorite cc company by far.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love AMEX!!

excellent customer service 24/7 it is true.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I caught Amex customer service had lied to me couple times. Bunch of Bullsh1t service!!!
Message 5 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

AMERICAN EXPRESS  ROCKS!!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my Amex cards - they have treated me well over the years...  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

I think the people who don't like AMEX or its customer service are the ones who either been late making payments, check returned, went over the limit, fees imposed and etc.  The same people most likely call AMEX customer service every month.

AMEX probably never hear from many of its members.  

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took care of my account well, however I dont like AMEX customer service. They lied to me and I dont like lying customer services..Rude and Unprofessional
Message 9 of 15
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

Dispute Resolution – helps Cardmembers resolve a dispute with a charge on their monthly statement. If a Cardmember is unable to resolve the situation with the merchant, they simply call American Express who takes an active role in helping to resolve the dispute fairly.

No other Credit Card Company on earth does a better job in this area than American Express. They are the absolute MASTERS of dispute resolution. Thank You AMEX you have saved me in this area many, many times.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.