Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a TOTAL Bull

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: This is a TOTAL Bullsh1t

DI wrote:

I think the people who don't like AMEX or its customer service are the ones who either been late making payments, check returned, went over the limit, fees imposed and etc.  The same people most likely call AMEX customer service every month.

AMEX probably never hear from many of its members.  

I don't believe that this is true. We have some moderators here who grew fed up with AmEx, and I have no reason to believe that they are screw-ups.

Blanket statements like this generate a whole lot of heat, and not very much light. Please be friendly, supportive, and respectful!

FWIW, I've been very fortunate with AmEx CS. This doesn't mean that the occasional consumer doesn't have a different experience.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex has always been of the highet level of service, positive problem solvers for me.  I feel discover and amex are the two best.  Unfortunately for the complainers, we usually only here one side of the story. They are  tough

risk lenders and if they see potential problems on the horizon they don't  hesitate to cut there losses and practice swift damage control.  One of my friends is in the coveted 825-840 range and his limit was cut

from 25k to 9k because of inactivity and under utilization of his limit.......I'm sure if he started to really use it and need it they would instantly spring to meet his needs...they need to shore up there ratios and possibly give the16k to a couple other credit worthy people that need it and will use it.

Message 12 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex has always been of the highet level of service, positive problem solvers for me.  I feel discover and amex are the two best.  Unfortunately for the complainers, we usually only here one side of the story. They are  tough

risk lenders and if they see potential problems on the horizon they don't  hesitate to cut there losses and practice swift damage control.  One of my friends is in the coveted 825-840 range and his limit was cut

from 25k to 9k because of inactivity and under utilization of his limit.......I'm sure if he started to really use it and need it they would instantly spring to meet his needs...they need to shore up there ratios and possibly give the16k to a couple other credit worthy people that need it and will use it.

Utilizing the credit limit is one reason I will not apply for one of their cards in the future.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not quite sure what you mean???

Message 14 of 15
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

WoW .................... I Thought Chase would have won this year  LOL.......................

2wheel
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.