Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is getting too hard :(

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

This is getting too hard :(

I know March 1st isn't far away I'm just tired of waiting. All I've been doing is waiting since August.. 

Message 1 of 86
85 REPLIES 85
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: This is getting too hard :(

Not to be blunt, but it is sounding pretty desperate.  If it helps, give the FICO CC forums (or any others you frequent) a break.

Message 2 of 86
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Not to be blunt, but it is sounding pretty desperate.  If it helps, give the FICO CC forums (or any others you frequent) a break.

Its hard to want something when you can't have it. And I actually haven't been on here in a little bit since today. 

Message 3 of 86
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

FinStar is right. It sounds a bit desperate.

A friend of mine is somehow in the same situation. He just moved here a few months ago from Canada so he had to start his credit from scratch but he is a bit more patient. I have given him all the advice that I read on here about building credit, easy cards to get etc. and what not but in the end there is no magic remedy to waiting and he understands that. He recently got a Discover it though, which is a nice addition to a secured card he has with BOFA, but was deny for a Chase card.

Anyway, patience is key. In time, you'll get the cards that you want. March is not too far.

Message 4 of 86
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Pat94108 wrote:

A friend of mine is somehow in the same situation. He just moved here a few months ago from Canada so he had to start his credit from scratch but he is a bit more patient. I have given him all the advice that I read on here about building credit, easy cards to get etc. and what not but in the end there is no magic remedy to waiting and he understands that. He recently got a Discover it though, which is a nice addition to a secured card he has with BOFA, but was deny for a Chase card.

Anyway, patience is key. In time, you'll get the cards that you want. March is not too far.

I know, I know!! All I do is pay my bills.. I never max out cards or have balances or anything. I just want to be rewarded with something physical :/

Message 5 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@Pat94108 wrote:

I know, I know!! All I do is pay my bills.. I never max out cards or have balances or anything. I just want to be rewarded with something physical :/

I'll have to remember that line Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 86
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@desgre90 wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@Pat94108 wrote:

I'll have to remember that line Smiley Wink

Smiley LOL I wish Capital One would raise my limit above $500 on my Mastercard. Only Old Navy and TJX Rewards have given me auto credit increases.

Message 7 of 86
Involver
Valued Contributor

Slow and steady wins the raise when it comes to establishing or rebuilding. When I opened my first secured card after wrecking my finances I thought it would be *forever* until things turned around. That was nearly 3 years ago and seems like the blink of an eye. I now have prime cards and am working on eliminating the last of my derog remarks by mid 2014. You will get there, just be patient and you will be rewarded over time.
Message 8 of 86
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Involver wrote:
Slow and steady wins the raise when it comes to establishing or rebuilding. When I opened my first secured card after wrecking my finances I thought it would be *forever* until things turned around. That was nearly 3 years ago and seems like the blink of an eye. I now have prime cards and am working on eliminating the last of my derog remarks by mid 2014. You will get there, just be patient and you will be rewarded over time.

Chase said on their website I was elligible for both the Slate and Freedom. What if I applied just for the Freedom and then waited till March for Discover IT? Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 86
myjourney
Super Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@Involver wrote:

Chase said on their website I was elligible for both the Slate and Freedom. What if I applied just for the Freedom and then waited till March for Discover IT? Smiley Indifferent

Remember your plan before you jump to early and why you setup a plan 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.