Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is getting too hard :(

tag
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: This is getting too hard :(

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I know March 1st isn't far away I'm just tired of waiting. All I've been doing is waiting since August.. 

After the 30 day mark it should have been fairly easy.. You're thinking about it too hard. I'm already 4 1/2 months in and it's meh... I don't have the urge to apply soon because I really want my car next year (2014) and I want the best deal possible.

Message 61 of 86
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Just keep on doing the right thing.

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 62 of 86
toppers555
Established Contributor

Well I am going to throw my 2 cents in . I see your main two goals are Freedom and Discover.  Have you started a bank relationship at all with Chase? This would improve your odds in  my opinion.   Also i think you need to wait at least until your cards are a year at min. The only other way I can see you increasing your limits sooner is by throwing the money down on your secure cards. This is what I did in my building stage. Started with CP1 when Bofa would not touch me untill they change their tune 6 months later after I proved my self with Cp1.  We all had to start somewhere.  Only thing I would change if  I could go back is I would not open so many accounts, they killed my AAOA I had from 3+ years to about 1-1.5 but then again I have pretty much any card I want now. Also I would have not gotten so many inquries, but then again I really don't care about those besides now trying to get my score to 800. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 63 of 86
pembrokepride
Contributor

Take it from a newbie here and someone who found out the hard way. I am in the garden for a year because I did apply for too many cards to often. I was very impatient(and ignorant to the inner working of credit). I have been here a little over a month and have done a ton of research and the thing that comes up here constantly is there is no quick fix and the people who have repaired their credit and now have prime cards with prime limits did so over time. It appears to me that the real successful people here have discipline(something I seriously lacked in the recent past). I understand your frustration I see the approvals of some nice cards here with very nice limits and I want to app away. I know now that doing so will only dig me a deeper credit hole. I have a perfect past no lates, baddies or anything my starting EQ FICO was 646 pretty low for a perfect history. One of the main reasons for this was apping for too many cards in short periods of time. I have gone up 19 points on my EQ since being here on MyFico and putting the breaks on apps. Hang in there you will be happy you did.

In garden as of 04-06-14 to 12/01/14

Starting score EQ MyFico 646 11/29/13 Current 691 EQ MyFico SW 04/03/14
Starting score EX MyFico 657 12/01/13 Current 686 EX MyFico 03/01/14
Starting score TU MyFico 627 12/02/13 Current 696 Barkclay 03/26/14
Message 64 of 86
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Yes!! I'm hanging in there cause in the end I'll be happy. Smiley Happy and to answer someone else's question (been replying from iphone sorry) I don't want to add more to my secured. I want that to become a regular card that I'll keep cause it's my oldest one. I just want to get rid of the annual fee too and all my accounts but my secured will be 7+months by March. And I've been a TD Bank customer since 2008 so I don't want a banking account with Chase
Message 65 of 86
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Discover definately likes to see a year of history.  This is a game of patience & discipline.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 66 of 86
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Gardening is overrated IMO.

I opened my first credit card ever in June 2012 (Capital One $300 CL) and now I'm sitting at 94k of availble credit.

I opened Discover it ($750) two months afterwards Cap1 and then Chase Freedom ($1500) within a week.

Discover is now 6k, Freedom is 5k Visa Siggy, Chase Sapphire Preferred 10k, Amex Blue Sky 15k and Citi Dividend 20k.

I have several cards with 10k+ CL and my FICO scores are rocking.

I'm in the garden now only because  there aren't any more cards out there that I want right now.

You don't need to wait that long to open another credit card.

Go on an app spree and let all your accounts age together.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 67 of 86
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@kkapdolee wrote:

I opened my first credit card ever in June 2012 (Capital One $300 CL) and now I'm sitting at 94k of availble credit.

I opened Discover it ($750) two months afterwards Cap1 and then Chase Freedom ($1500) within a week.

Discover is now 6k, Freedom is 5k Visa Siggy, Chase Sapphire Preferred 10k, Amex Blue Sky 15k and Citi Dividend 20k.

I'm in the garden now only because  there aren't any more cards out there that I want right now.

So, you're essentially saying that the OP will be approved for everything that you've cited with such great probability of CLs >$1K and with excellent credit terms?  Or, are you saying that since you are aware of how underwriting works for all those lenders that you have absolute confidence that those 4 cards the OP wants will be guaranteed approvals?  Help us understand how this will work.  Oh, I forgot, both your profiles, income, scores are (or were) exactly identical so this should work right?

Message 68 of 86
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kkapdolee wrote:

What works for one may not work for another.  Based on OPs many of posts regarding apping, high inq's, low CL's (highest $600) are a recipe for letting them age a few months.  OP has apped for Discover  and was denied.  Advising to app now with most of OPs TLs less than 6 mos old  - may get an approval but OP clearly does not want another toy limit CL.

Gardening has never harmed a profile; whereas rushing to add cc's just because you can hit submit can ESP when you are just starting out.  

Message 69 of 86
toppers555
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@kkapdolee wrote:

So, you're essentially saying that the OP will be approved for everything that you've cited with such great probability of CLs >$1K and with excellent credit terms?  Or, are you saying that since you are aware of how underwriting works for all those lenders that you have absolute confidence that those 4 cards the OP wants will be guaranteed approvals?  Help us understand how this will work.  Oh, I forgot, both your profiles, income, scores are (or were) exactly identical so this should work right?

+1   

But,  I agree in some cases Gardening can be overhyped to a degree, but in the case of OP I believe he is better off there. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 70 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.