Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is getting too hard :(

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: This is getting too hard :(

Why does everyone think I'm a guy?? I AM FEMALE LOL. I'm waiting till March 1st and I know within the new year I'll get the cards I want.

Message 81 of 86
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

all i can say queen is good luck on whatever decision you make. You said chase has some offers for you so that is a good sign already. Its up to you if you still wanna wait till march or take the plunge now. Just keep in mind that Chase has been known to start out people with 500 credit lines more times than not. No one here can guarantee you that you will get a low limit now, next month or in March, nor can they guarantee you will get a higher limit if you wait longer when maybe you may get it if you apply now. Dont torture youself or beat yourself up because of this. Its one credit card (or two). Denied or Approved, it will not be the end of the world. You can try again later next yea if denied or if you do get approved, built a good history with them and you can always request a CLI down the road. With the advice we get from here, things will only get better for you.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 82 of 86
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

OP,

Before I opened my CSP, I checked online for pre-approved offers from Chase and only saw Slate. Then later I went to the bank for a deposit and a banker there told me I have a few pre-approved credit card offers including CSP.  She said they are available for viewing in branch only. I came back home and checked for pre-approvals online again but still only Slate. Then I apped for CSP and got instantly approved that night.

I'm not sure if the in branch viewing of pre-approvals are a 100% guaranteed approvals or not but you might want to check on that. You may need an existing account with them though like a checking or savings to get pre-approved.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 83 of 86
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

all i can say queen is good luck on whatever decision you make. You said chase has some offers for you so that is a good sign already. Its up to you if you still wanna wait till march or take the plunge now. Just keep in mind that Chase has been known to start out people with 500 credit lines more times than not. No one here can guarantee you that you will get a low limit now, next month or in March, nor can they guarantee you will get a higher limit if you wait longer when maybe you may get it if you apply now. Dont torture youself or beat yourself up because of this. Its one credit card (or two). Denied or Approved, it will not be the end of the world. You can try again later next yea if denied or if you do get approved, built a good history with them and you can always request a CLI down the road. With the advice we get from here, things will only get better for you.

Well said..

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 84 of 86
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

I was supposed to be gardening for at least six months from mid-October. I was feeling restless and impatient just as killerqueen and fell out of the garden this month and went on a crazy app spree. From 9 inquiries upto October I reached to 16 this month. I really want to kick myself for not listening to fellow members. However, I managed add three more cards to my portofilio. March is just round the corner. Now I need to wait for another six to twelve months to recover from the damage.

Patience is the key to success. Good luck!
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 85 of 86
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

well, I have to wait till after I file my taxes to start applying and raising limits - according to my plan.

because my increases will be so monetarily large that I will most likely need to show my tax statements, even though percentage wise they won't be that interesting.

Message 86 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.