Frequent Contributor
Countingpennies

Re: This is kind of strange...Cap One is still reporting my account as open on credit reports?

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned fako, I did have an EX Fico from a CC app denial, but that was early Feb., BoA, I think. I've also heard that BoA may use enhanced scores. It was very close to the fakos I keep track of. I've come to the conclusion that the only scores that really matter are the ones a particular creditor pulls, enhances, proprietarizes (is that a word?) etc., on a given day. As long as all the fakos are trending in the upward direction, I'm happy.

I wish I had thought of trying to reactivate my old Cap1 before getting two new ones (Plat. and Rewards.) Maybe I should give it a try.

My apologies to the OP for hijacking a little.
New Contributor
Dreamwalker

Re: This is kind of strange...Cap One is still reporting my account as open on credit reports?

And...it's closed. :smileysad:

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

I had two cards now owned by CapOne, HSBC Sears, and BestBuy reward zone mastercard, both closed by me zero baddies on them, yet still reporting open. Been closed for a  year, Just recently saw the Sears card CL go to 0. Of course earlier this week I got my Welcome to CapOne packet for the card that is now officially closed. Best Buy card still sits open with a $59 balance, the AF was removed on the account but my Credit Report was never updated, I can still login to both accounts both report closed.  Don't want to wake the sleeping giant, afraid some over zellous credit analsys remove the full TL's instead of just marking the cards closed. They can sit there and age untill they clean up someday...

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Amtrak 4.6k, & Freedom 3.3k & Slate 3.3k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & AMEX Hilton Surpass 7.5k & AMEX Zync NPSL, Sams Club Discover 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne 2.5k, CapOne 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi HHonors Gold 6k, Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+