Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is not a joke- BOA issuing cards to illegal aliens

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This is not a joke- BOA issuing cards to illegal aliens

@Anonymous wrote:
This may be an overblown and superfluous thought- but why can't the govt. set up programs like they did during the immigration boom and right after WWII? Can't remember the names-- something like the refugee act for people who were "targeted" during WWII?
Would have to look up the names of what those programs are...

The problem I have with that is that today's immigrants are primarily coming for economic rather than political reasons. Black Africans from Darfur or women from Saudi Arabia should qualify for refugee status because they are genuinely fleeing persecution. Latin Americans are not. The Latin Americans just want a better life, and while this is admirable, as a justification it doesn't rank up there with people trying to escape apartheid-like regimes or outright genocide.
Message 61 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This is not a joke- BOA issuing cards to illegal aliens

On the issue of the Earth's population, consider this--and I got all my numbers from Census.
NYC population for all five boroughs is 8,214,426, the land mass is 303 square miles, thus the population density is 27,110 people per square mile. Understand that's all five boroughs averaged together. Manhattan alone has a density of 68,035 people per square mile.

World population is 6,632,170,167 (at the moment) and the land mass of Texas is 261,797 square miles.

If you stuck the entire world's population in Texas, it would have a population density of 25,333 people per square mile--less than that of New York City.
On the issue of resources, methinks that bad governments diverting resources to their private militias and renegade militaries is the principle cause of starvation and privation in the world--not a lack of arable land, clean water and food.

The planet is fine so breed away. [See, there was a happy message in this post!]

Message 62 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.