mirrormind

This question might sound silly

USAA sent me a new credit card and also a letter saying some of my information made have been compromised so they were closing my old credit card account and creating a new one for me.  My question is; would this affect my credit score in any way?
Valued Contributor
usmc58555

Re: This question might sound silly

no
Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Regular Contributor
lisac

actually it depends on how they report it.  i am fighting with police and fire cu because they had the same problem, and issued me and dh new cards and new accounts without talking to us.  so since the account was less that a year old it dinged us for a new account, dinged for lowered AAoA, then closed the old account and dinged again for losing the $7500 credit line that we never got a score boost for because it all happened at the same time.  final result -15 and -17 score it.  and it still shows as two accounts not lost or stolen.
mirrormind

Thanks for the info, that is pretty much what i was affraid of. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+