cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This whole 'gardening' thing is virtually impossible...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This whole 'gardening' thing is virtually impossible...

I gave it six months after Chase to apply for Barclays Rewards MC (next on my list, eventually converting to Sallie Mae) and was declined, but only due to utilization.  Work on getting utilization down, apply again in another six months.  

Not that hard. Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 74
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Im coming from a different angle... I have had zero credit... Fortunately I apped for a card from a CU.. and it was NOT secured.....

That said. I started off quite well.. And other than offers and the desire for a second card.. it has a nice APR, it has a decent limit,  Just waiting to generate a store made me anxious to leave the garden.. But I jumped the shark and got bit by Discover.. Actually would have gotten the card if i was a student, due to their new account scoring.. but I didn't want to co-app.. Seeing people with 500$ limits and 21 and up APR's... And knowing some cards have no mobility in CL's/APRs/etc... Keep looking at what i have and go.. Having a single digit APR and no frills, works well for me.. Though id like a rewards card to use as a charge card.. Just feel disenchanted seeing whats avalible.. 

-J

Message 22 of 74
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Last app was Nov '14. I have to garden until Nov '15. I count the days and watch the clock. Feels like I'm doing time.

Message 23 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very well said. As much as it pains me to end my apping frenzy, I probably should/will.

The hoes are very nearly tempting... However, could I have something else? Maybe a rake or a shoevel, perhaps? The whole 'hoe' thing doesn't seem appropriate for your lady Dhar. Bahahaha. Smiley LOL

Message 24 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very well said. As much as it pains me to end my apping frenzy, I probably should/will.

The hoes are very nearly tempting... However, could I have something else? Maybe a rake or a shoevel, perhaps? The whole 'hoe' thing doesn't seem appropriate for your lady Dhar. Bahahaha. Smiley LOL

Understandable I'm sure someone around here has some extra shovels Smiley Happy

Who's got some shovels for this young lady!!!

Message 25 of 74
Jahmakan
Valued Member

As with other things, it just depends on the person. I have not app'd for a credit card since '11... just no reason to for me.  

Message 26 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jahmakan wrote:

As with other things, it just depends on the person. I have not app'd for a credit card since '11... just no reason to for me.  

If what you have covers all your needs then you are right there is absolutely no reason to!

Message 27 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

See, this is how I felt about the whole thing initially. So, after all my score jumps, my thought process was like "Oh yeah, I'm gonna apply for everything I could possibly need, thicken my file, get all the cards I've had my eye on for years (which, pretty much did) ESPECIALLY since they all have SUCH attractive offers. THEN, I'll take my happybuns to the garden.

However... I started seeing all these other prime cards I had never heard of, and pulled the trigger on those because their sign-up bonuses were so appealing, too... It was all instant approvals at first. However, those gradually started to dwindle...

So, I suppose even if it's subjective whether or not you obsess over new accounts or obsess over gardening; in my case, I should probably hang my head, and accept the fact that I've done all I can do, and just take it to the garden... Haha. Smiley Embarassed

Message 28 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

See, this is how I felt about the whole thing initially. So, after all my score jumps, my thought process was like "Oh yeah, I'm gonna apply for everything I could possibly need, thicken my file, get all the cards I've had my eye on for years (which, pretty much did) ESPECIALLY since they all have SUCH attractive offers. THEN, I'll take my happybuns to the garden.

However... I started seeing all these other prime cards I had never heard of, and pulled the trigger on those because their sign-up bonuses were so appealing, too... It was all instant approvals at first. However, those gradually started to dwindle...

So, I suppose even if it's subjective whether or not you obsess over new accounts or obsess over gardening; in my case, I should probably hang my head, and accept the fact that I've done all I can do, and just take it to the garden... Haha. Smiley Embarassed

There there Dhar don't be too down on yourself! Like you said you have done all you can do... Now grab a shovel and start digging!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 74
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There there Dhar don't be too down on yourself! Like you said you have done all you can do... Now grab a shovel and start digging!!! Smiley Very Happy

I am generally considered the most impatient person most people know. However, when it comes to credit I can be quite patient. Waiting a year comes easy...even with all that bulging excitement in my heart. I satisfy that by researching every card I'm considering very heavily. Finding reviews, geting opinions, see what fits in to my current life and possibly my future life as well. Right now, I don't travel much, my spend is low, I don't have a mortgage so my cards are focused on rewards and LOW APR (just in case). I don't need anything else. Maybe in the future I will app but my reason then might be from a different perspective on life. 

It pays to wait, and it pays in low APR's and high SL.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 30 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.