Those in fear of a diners lock down....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners lock down....

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The post doesn't give as much hope as the OP might think.  Since we don't know what (if anything other than growing pains) is causing shutdowns, an individual might avoid the triggers by chance, or might be about to be locked.   If you compare this with the OBC thread on FT, a few of us were shut down on Oct 23, followed by lots of posts "I'm still alive" followed by more shutdowns on the 28th.   Little happened with people procllaiming "back to business as usual" and then a bloodbath over Thanksgiving.

Now again, this may be totally different than that.  Or it may not be.   One person being alive means that one person is still alive!  And not much more....

Link to thread plz.

Currently 391 pages, so I will do you a favor and not link!

Darn.

Message 11 of 26
NRB525
Super Contributor

I need some popcorn for the MS drama... And a racing form to understand the methodology.

Edit: I'm not sure which is better: The guy who has $400k owed to AMEX and says he'll pay $2k and tell them to go pound sand, or the other "MS Instruction" site that suggests using the gift cards to send loans to third world countries using a micro lending site... cash back in a few months.

Some of the larger MSers need to be watching their front door for a Federal agent, if this gets interpreted as money laundering. They should be quietly happy AMEX just closes their card, IMO.

After reading that, I'm not at all worried about my Diners club, or AMEX cards.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 12 of 26
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

How did my diners card turn to Amex on another board?

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 13 of 26
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

And used both those this weekend too lol

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 14 of 26
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

I dunno.. Dont know what all the fuss is about.. I use all my cards... I had one decline... Just once.. That was cleared up with a phone call.. Paid my 6 month auto insurance policy.. A week later went to pay for insurance on my new atvs.. Declined.. Simple call cleared up confusion

Message 15 of 26
SGR
Contributor

Unless I'm missing something the story seems to be the exact same when it comes to the Diners card. Basically, if you use your card in a reasonable manner you have nothing to worry about. However, if you do MS and/or spend an outragous amount your account may get locked. If your account gets locked it's going to take a long time to get resolved due to the fact that Diners is currently overwhelmed.

Message 16 of 26
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Re: Those in fear of a diners lock down....

Thats what I was trying to say.. I been using my cards since I got em.. No ms.. On any of my accts.. Its cheating the system.. To me it is anyways.. I was just pointing out I did a lot of shopping this weekend.. Way over normal spend.. And not one hiccup at all.. And i dont expect one.. I just remember reading a few ppl lately being scared to use their diners card in fear of being shut down for buying a mocha.. Or box of crackers from Walmart lol

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

I need some popcorn for the MS drama... And a racing form to understand the methodology.

Edit: I'm not sure which is better: The guy who has $400k owed to AMEX and says he'll pay $2k and tell them to go pound sand, or the other "MS Instruction" site that suggests using the gift cards to send loans to third world countries using a micro lending site... cash back in a few months.

Some of the larger MSers need to be watching their front door for a Federal agent, if this gets interpreted as money laundering. They should be quietly happy AMEX just closes their card, IMO.

Wait, I want to hear more about the $400k thing. Sounds like he's going to have LE after him momentarily.

Message 18 of 26
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Wait, I want to hear more about the $400k thing. Sounds like he's going to have LE after him momentarily.

The link was here for only a short time, that post has been removed. You'll need to search on FT for the relevant discussions / gnashing of teeth, and counter-accusations of "Too many bloggers making these MS gravy train methods public".

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 19 of 26
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The post doesn't give as much hope as the OP might think.  Since we don't know what (if anything other than growing pains) is causing shutdowns, an individual might avoid the triggers by chance, or might be about to be locked.   If you compare this with the OBC thread on FT, a few of us were shut down on Oct 23, followed by lots of posts "I'm still alive" followed by more shutdowns on the 28th.   Little happened with people procllaiming "back to business as usual" and then a bloodbath over Thanksgiving.

Now again, this may be totally different than that.  Or it may not be.   One person being alive means that one person is still alive!  And not much more....

Link to thread plz.

found it...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Those-in-fear-of-a-diners-lock-down/td-p/3668857

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.