cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Those of you with World Elite MCs...

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Those of you with World Elite MCs...

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

longtime_lurker - it is certainly possible that things have change ... my gut says you don't have the full blown Citi World Elite Master Card. My suggestion is to call Citi but, the customer service people often don't know. If that were the case a call to the EO or a Supervisor/ Manager to get the official skinny. Know the Citi Double Cash Back World Master Cards were coming out 5424-18XX-XXXX-XXXX and did not have the revolving credit line but were suppose to have the World Master Card benefits as shown on the Master Card site or as amended by Citi. Truth, I can't remember on the CIti Prestige Mastercard? So ...  I would give Citi a shout. If you find some info it could be useful to others if the results were shared. Sure have my interest!

That indeed would be worrisome in the sense that at the point of $450 AF, it had better be a real WE. My prestige DOES report to EX as "Flexible Spending Limit Card", so hopefully that's a good sign (though my DC does the same).

I will call the EO tomorrow regarding my Citigold application craziness, and to verify that my Prestige is a full blown world elite. Will definitely update this thread with the EO's response.

What's happening regarding the Citigold?

I called Friday afternoon when I had some time to kill up north and spoke to a front line CSR at their application status line. He told me (after some pressuring "can't tell you for privacy reasons, yadda yadda yadda") that my EX was why it was denied, and specifcally stated "there must have been something derogatory that is on there for us to deny the application." I told him I knew for a fact that my EX was pulled to instantly approve my Prestige, and that I know without a doubt that every one of my CRs, not just EX, are spotless. He put me on hold and ended up sending me to a supervisor who read me verbatim (didn't know they could do this) the denial letter that was in my mailbox today when I got home, that information from EX is what they used to decline my application, and that while it was EX's information, they don't have information on a denial, and how to request my free CR. He told me it could have been a derogatory or an information/address mismatch.  He told me that I was always welcome to apply again. So I applied again for Citigold online this morning (NOT under my existing citi online login) with the free EX report in hand to double check all information, and I'm calling EO tomorrow to process my application, or at least get them to get me over to the dedicated Citigold line, and I will ask them about this WE issue as well.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 11 of 21
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

longtime_lurker - it is certainly possible that things have change ... my gut says you don't have the full blown Citi World Elite Master Card. My suggestion is to call Citi but, the customer service people often don't know. If that were the case a call to the EO or a Supervisor/ Manager to get the official skinny. Know the Citi Double Cash Back World Master Cards were coming out 5424-18XX-XXXX-XXXX and did not have the revolving credit line but were suppose to have the World Master Card benefits as shown on the Master Card site or as amended by Citi. Truth, I can't remember on the CIti Prestige Mastercard? So ...  I would give Citi a shout. If you find some info it could be useful to others if the results were shared. Sure have my interest!

That indeed would be worrisome in the sense that at the point of $450 AF, it had better be a real WE. My prestige DOES report to EX as "Flexible Spending Limit Card", so hopefully that's a good sign (though my DC does the same).

I will call the EO tomorrow regarding my Citigold application craziness, and to verify that my Prestige is a full blown world elite. Will definitely update this thread with the EO's response.

And your Prestige is definitely a WEMC

Definitely figured, just curious why I can't get the mastercard website to accept my card. Maybe I'll just be relegated to always calling concierge. Oh well...lol

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 12 of 21
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Sorry, I can't answer your question.Smiley Sad  but do you use Sixt?  If so, is it a reliable service?

I've never had a problem with Sixt; the downside is that they're not nearly as big here in the U.S. as the other big ones. And, Platinum with Sixt gives you a guaranteed double upgrade in the U.S. (single upgrade elsewhere in the world).

Their prices (where they're available) are very competitive; I usually get them cheaper than I do Avis and the like. This was another reason to value the Prestige AF as worth it to me Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping they will increase their presence in the U.S.  I rarely rent cars, but they also have a limo service that I could take advantage of from time-to-time.  WEMC gets a discount off published fares.

No problem, I feel like they don't get the credit they deserve (probably because they're not well known over here). They're in a lot of the bigger cities and travel destinations though! Does WEMC get the discount on the limo? I know that through WEMC, you get Platinum, which gets you discounts on your rates...is that what you meant or is it another, separate benefit?

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

I called Friday afternoon when I had some time to kill up north and spoke to a front line CSR at their application status line. He told me (after some pressuring "can't tell you for privacy reasons, yadda yadda yadda") that my EX was why it was denied, and specifcally stated "there must have been something derogatory that is on there for us to deny the application." I told him I knew for a fact that my EX was pulled to instantly approve my Prestige, and that I know without a doubt that every one of my CRs, not just EX, are spotless. He put me on hold and ended up sending me to a supervisor who read me verbatim (didn't know they could do this) the denial letter that was in my mailbox today when I got home, that information from EX is what they used to decline my application, and that while it was EX's information, they don't have information on a denial, and how to request my free CR. He told me it could have been a derogatory or an information/address mismatch.  He told me that I was always welcome to apply again. So I applied again for Citigold online this morning (NOT under my existing citi online login) with the free EX report in hand to double check all information, and I'm calling EO tomorrow to process my application, or at least get them to get me over to the dedicated Citigold line, and I will ask them about this WE issue as well.

That sucks.  Hope it all works out.  They did a HP on EX?  I thought they only checked chexsystems?

Message 14 of 21
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

That sucks.  Hope it all works out.  They did a HP on EX?  I thought they only checked chexsystems?

They SP'ed my EX for the checking account app, HP for Prestige.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

Thanksgiving. I've held off applying for the Citigold account because I can't get anyone at Barclays to set my cash withdrawal limit to $0 on my AAdvantage card which is the one I want to use to fund the Citigold account.

Message 16 of 21
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Thanksgiving. I've held off applying for the Citigold account because I can't get anyone at Barclays to set my cash withdrawal limit to $0 on my AAdvantage card which is the one I want to use to fund the Citigold account.

Really? Well they cannot set it to 0, but they can set it to $1. What have they told you, lol?! It took my u/w less than 30 seconds. What number did you call? They number I got (and it worked) when I tried to get them to do it via SM is 1-866-408-4064. M-F 8am-5pm ET

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Really? Well they cannot set it to 0, but they can set it to $1. What have they told you, lol?! It took my u/w less than 30 seconds. What number did you call? They number I got (and it worked) when I tried to get them to do it via SM is 1-866-408-4064. M-F 8am-5pm ET

They've to me that they just don't do that and one said not to buy any money orders :-). I told both that I know it can be done but they wouldn't budge.  I called the customer service number on the back of the AA card.  They did give a $4K CLI and a whopping 1 point drop on APR.  I'll try your number tomorrow.

Message 18 of 21
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

They've to me that they just don't do that and one said not to buy any money orders :-). I told both that I know it can be done but they wouldn't budge.  I called the customer service number on the back of the AA card.  They did give a $4K CLI and a whopping 1 point drop on APR.  I'll try your number tomorrow.

Yeah, my experience with normal CS lately (with multiple companies!) has been like nails on the chalkboard - annoying. I tried for an APR reduction when I called, got transferred away from underwriting, and then was told "no APR reductions allowed right now". Let me know how it turns out. I'm certain you'll get it. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do.  Thanks!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.