cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Those that got Chase auto-CLIs 3-6 months in?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did you receive a Chase auto-CLI 3-4 mo from opening?

@Anonymous wrote:

The moral of the story is... use close to your limit with some regularity, and they'll give you more.

Depending on your limit, that may be next to impossible.  Using close to your limit is much more difficult for someone with a $10k limit verses someone with a $2k limit, for example.  While I definitely agree with you that those with smaller limits that naturally are using a greater portion of it simply based on the numbers are highly likely to receive auto-CLIs, I'm wondering more about those that don't necessarily use a large portion of their limit since perhaps the limit is already fairly strong.

Message 11 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a CSP in 8/2015 and rec'd a SL of 5000. (Silly me didn't wait for new utilization to report and baddies removed the following month.) I used it fairly regularly and charged a new A/C unit on it to meet the bonus spend. In 11/2015 I applied for the Freedom and the day it was approved I received a 1K auto CLI on my CSP. Last summer I took a HP to get my CSP limit to 20K.
Message 12 of 79
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Freedom: Opened Feb 2015 @ $6K SL...~3 months later it was bumped up to $7.5K.

Freedom Unlimited: Opened Mar 2017 @ $7.2K...pending with 3.5K spend on it. (Crossing fingers for an increase as I'm at around 50% Util) and about to make a 20% payment on the card.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 13 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Those that got Chase auto-CLIs 3-6 months in?

My data is 9 years old now, but for what it's worth, I started with a $500 limit on in-school income ($3000 a year maybe), spent maybe $100 in the first 6 months, and at some point in the first year, they bumped my limit up to $1000. It's stayed there since. 

Message 14 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened my Freedom Unlimited (now PCed to Freedom) in Oct 2016 with no credit history at $500 SL. 5 months in after my statement cut, I received a CLI to $1000.

I put about $2,000 on the card monthly. Always PIF.

Message 15 of 79
Skymogul
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase Southwest Premier -- Oct 2015.

SL was $2,500. Spent $1500-$1800 the first two months (PIF'd). They auto bumped me to $4k.

The moral of the story is... use close to your limit with some regularity, and they'll give you more.

+1. With my Slate, I've found that if I'm hanging around just under 79%, the SP CLI offers roll in. I was around 79%, got an SP CLI offer, 3 months later got another SP CLI offer. Note that this is NOT good for your FICO if you're letting it report at that utilization though. (I'm now much happier at 3%, LOL.)

Message 16 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

Freedom@: Opened Feb 2015 @ $6K SL...~3 months later it was bumped up to $7.5K.

What did your spend/payment pattern look like over those 3 months?

Message 17 of 79
azfitz11
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I apologize for bringing this 4 week old thread back to life, but I'm still looking for more data on this subject.

Basically any Chase card will do here for sake of the discussion.  Looking for anyone that received an auto-CLI from Chase in the first 3-4 months (or even up to 6).  If you received one, on what card, what was your SL and what was your CLI amount and what was your spend on the card (and payment pattern) over the course of those months?  Thank you for anyone that contributes here.

Hello,

I have the Chase Freedom and received an auto CLI a week after my third statement cut. SL was $500, CLI was $1500, total credit limt on card is now $2000. Never went $300 on card and paid in full every month. Hope this gives you some help.

Message 18 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azfitz11 wrote:

Hello,

I have the Chase Freedom and received an auto CLI a week after my third statement cut. SL was $500, CLI was $1500, total credit limt on card is now $2000. Never went $300 on card and paid in full every month. Hope this gives you some help.

Nice data points, I just got the $500 SL FU myself today and it's good to see that it can grow automatically!

What were your FICOs like on approval and on auto CLI?

Message 19 of 79
azfitz11
New Contributor

Don't recall what it was when initially approved, but when CLI hit my scores were TU 709, EQ 695, EX 701
Message 20 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.