Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts about Chase Auto CLI

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Re: Thoughts about Chase Auto CLI

I dont know, i opened an United as well,2weeks prior to freedom lol.Total Chase CLI 14k. Hope that wouldnt be too much
Message 11 of 52
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

10.5k on Chase United? Thats pretty good..IDK if an autoCLI is in place..but youd definitely get a CLI for a HP after the 6 month to a year mark.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 12 of 52
tornadoguy
Regular Contributor

Well Shock_ I'm hoping as well at 4 months. Have the same limit as you, statement cuts tonight (higher balance than intended but I PIF anyway). >8k spent on the card since July, and hoping that its enough to raise Chase's eyebrows and get the auto (66 payments in that period is getting a touch ridiculous). Will see what happens when I PIF for this month tomorrow - whether it confirms my above theory or not. Looking forward to Jan when I can get past this one little card situation.

CK TU FAKO - 762, TU FICO - 781, EX Fako 734, EX FICO 764 - 3/29/2014
INQ: TU 4, EX 8, EQ 1 |
AMEX PRG (01/11), AMEX BCE (01/11): $2.5k, AMEX EDP (3/11): $6k Chase Freedom(07/13): $2k,
Barclay Arrival+ WMC (3/14): $6.3k, Barclays US Air MC (9/14): $2.5k, CSP (9/14): 12k
Message 13 of 52
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Good luck....66 payments in 4 months is INSANE. But if they do give you an autoCLI...I'd expect anywhere from 300-500. Small but on your way.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 14 of 52
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Chase Freedom has some formula we'll never fully understand, LOL!

If I were guessing: People who get CLIs have a profitable spending/payment pattern. Meaning, transaction fees and interest offset rewards.

My freedom is 2+ years old with no love. They're not getting an HP for CLI under any circumstances.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 52
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

If I were guessing: People who get CLIs have a profitable spending/payment pattern. Meaning, transaction fees and interest offset rewards.

My freedom is 2+ years old with no love. They're not getting an HP for CLI under any circumstances.

Sometimes biting the bullet and eating the HP is required to get the limit you want..and what does an inquiry matter if you wont be apping for other cards, auto loans or home loans...

Message 16 of 52
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

Opened my Freedom Siggy @ $7k last month. I have already had the CSP @ $10k for 2 months, but I wanted to do the combo for maximum travel rewards. I have been using the CSP a lot that my new Freedom is just a bit neglected, but I hope to turn that around this month after the first statement cuts. I have probably spent $4k on the CSP in two months, mostly on small dining purchases. Hopefully a CLI at the 4th statement?
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 17 of 52
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Sometimes biting the bullet and eating the HP is required to get the limit you want..and what does an inquiry matter if you wont be apping for other cards, auto loans or home loans...

It just feels icky, LOL!

With an average age of account over 10 years, there's no downside to opening a new card. There just isn't anything out there that floats my boat.

When/if a product that really suits my needs comes up, having fewer HPs will be a good thing.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 52
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I think people (in general) need to lower their expectations regarding Chase auto-CLIs. In the grand scheme of things, they're not that common of an event. Yes people get them, but it shouldn't be an expection or something to be "gamed".

Just use your card normally and you'll eventually find out whether or not it's "good enough" for an auto-CLI. However if you want it that much, ask and be prepared to take a HP.

In many ways it reminds me of when people want a room upgrade when checking in. If having more space or lounge access is that important to you, you should be prepared to pay for a suite or a club room. I see people get really upset when they don't get an upgrade after flirting, schmoozing, saying it's your birthday, pulling a DYKWIA, etc. It's actually quite pathetic to watch.

This is the credit version of that. You can try and game the system for an auto-CLI, but the best way to get a CLI is to ask specifically for what you want (and paying the appropriate price).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 19 of 52
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

I think people (in general) need to lower their expectations regarding Chase auto-CLIs. In the grand scheme of things, they're not that common of an event. Yes people get them, but it shouldn't be an expection or something to be "gamed".

Just use your card normally and you'll eventually find out whether or not it's "good enough" for an auto-CLI. However if you want it that much, ask and be prepared to take a HP.

In many ways it reminds me of when people want a room upgrade when checking in. If having more space or lounge access is that important to you, you should be prepared to pay for a suite or a club room. I see people get really upset when they don't get an upgrade after flirting, schmoozing, saying it's your birthday, pulling a DYKWIA, etc. It's actually quite pathetic to watch.

This is the credit version of that. You can try and game the system for an auto-CLI, but the best way to get a CLI is to ask specifically for what you want (and paying the appropriate price).

+1000

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.