Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts about NFCU in Sept.

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Thoughts about NFCU in Sept.

Ok. paying down util from 50% to 20%...no collections, no public records, no charge offs...4 baddies will be one year old.

Score should range between 650-690.....

We want to begin finishing off the basement...so will need $10k to begin project...so should I first try a line of credit, home equity.....what's your thoughts?  The basement project should take us about $15k $17k...it's a $25k-$30k project with DH and friends doing a lot of the work.

Don't really need a credit card for this project.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thoughts about NFCU in Sept.

Hey fish, Smiley Happy

I'm glad to see that you're paying down util from 50% to 20%.
If you're doing this for yourself, that's great. But high util is not
an issue with NFCU as long as you make your payments early
or on time. So if you already have a credit card with them and
are paying it as agreed, you're in great shape. Smiley Happy

If possible, I'd recommend the NAVCheck line of credit.
It's unsecured and you have the flexibility of choosing a minimum
monthly payment or fixed monthly payments (like an installment loan).
If push comes to shove you can always go with a home equity LOC,
but why take the risk if you don't need to? Smiley Happy

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Please keep us posted on your progress.
Enjoy the day! Smiley Very Happy

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"
Message 2 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'm paying down to 20% for myself.  I have $11k on Chase for ds college expenses...way down from in the 50's....I'm going to get at least 2/3 of this paid off.  Tired of looking at it and seeing the bill.

I may be able to get it down to around 17%....Im not going to apply to NFCU until mid score is in the high 600's...plus I've yet to get the basement 100% cleared out.  I think I'm in denial.

Message 3 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:
I'm paying down to 20% for myself. I have $11k on Chase for ds college expenses...way down from in the 50's....I'm going to get at least 2/3 of this paid off. Tired of looking at it and seeing the bill.
I may be able to get it down to around 17%....Im not going to apply to NFCU until mid score is in the high 600's...plus I've yet to get the basement 100% cleared out. I think I'm in denial.

They will only pull your EQ and lower utilization will most definitely help your case.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.