cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Barclays Arrival (Not Plus)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thoughts on Barclays Arrival (Not Plus)?

Was interested in applying for the Barclays Arrival but just wanted to get some opinions on the card. Do you guys think it's worth it?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thoughts on Barclays Arrival (Not Plus)?

@Anonymous wrote:

Was interested in applying for the Barclays Arrival but just wanted to get some opinions on the card. Do you guys think it's worth it?

No annual fee and no foreign transaction fee. Two percent on dining and travel and one percent on everything else.

Come on, there are cards that can do better than that!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't that the same as the CSP? Not sure about the redemption options though

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This question of [Is it worth it]? Is like asking if all the fingers are equal.  Everyone's ones needs and what they use the card for are different.  So tell us why you are thinking of getting the card and what you intend to use it for.

Then we can proceed to give you suggestions as to what is better and what isn't.  So let me ask, why do you want the Barclays Arrival?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good point and I was a bit apprehensive about asking "Is it worth it?" because it really depends on the consumer. I like the Arrival because of the no AF, no FTF (although I heard you still get a 1% charge by MC that's not covered by Barclays), and I travel frequently so the miles would be nice. You also get 5% miles back for your next redemption. I don't frequently fly a specific airline so I'd like a card with more flexible redemption options. I would most use it when I'm traveling or maybe eating out since you get 2x miles for that.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.. What other miles cards do you have now?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have no travel rewards card. My credit scores are: TU-702, EQ-693, EX-663. AAoA is 1 year 2 months and nothing bad on my reports except 5 inquiries on TU and EQ. I think I have 6 or 7 on EX.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have no travel rewards card. My credit scores are: TU-702, EQ-693, EX-663. AAoA is 1 year 2 months and nothing bad on my reports except 5 inquiries on TU and EQ. I think I have 6 or 7 on EX.

Ok.. Here is an indepth review of the Barclay arrival card http://www.valuepenguin.com/barclaycard-arrival-world-mastercard

The CSP is also another good card to look at with no minimum redemption but it has an annual fee.  So if you haven't opened alot of new accounts, you should look into it also.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot. I'll look into both cards more and maybe the Venture as well. I appreciate your help

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My main reason in getting one was that I thought it was a "true" Chip+PIN card. (In fact, it's signature priority). I also thought Barclaycard was, or might begin, prohibiting PCs from Arrival+ to Arrival.

Not surprisingly, I use CSP a lot more than Arrival. Having the RewardsBoost portal is still occasionally useful, though.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.