Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on BoA Accelerated Amex

tag
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thoughts on BoA Accelerated Amex

I'm 22

got my capital one card at 18 and I've used that until this pat fall when I got the USAA card.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You might have better luck in another month or two when the USAA card has reported for 6 months, but I honestly don't know what banks look for these days. For all I know, they use a magic 8-ball.

I'm guessing that the Accelerated AmEx is one of the tougher BofA cards to get, at least until you have more history under your belt.

I realize that that's the one that caught your attention, but have you checked out the Citi Forward? It's targeted toward college-aged consumers, although I think it's great for anyone who uses their rewards categories (books, movies, music, restaurants.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 21
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

No I'd rather not use Citi

Not a fan of how they handled their bailout money

Message 13 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@drsmith wrote:

No I'd rather not use Citi

Not a fan of how they handled their bailout money

+1

--although I have a hard time finding pretty much any bank that I feel acted honorably.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 21
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I hear that

Honestly I don't need another card. My USAA card is great and I have no trouble keeping my utilization below 15%

Like I said I was just bitten by the application bug and I love the way that card looks and it seems to be in line with the things I'd like out of a credit card.

Message 15 of 21
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Called the backdoor number and spoke to a credit analyst.

Took all of 10 minutes to get approved with a 5k limit. She commented on my very nice history and profile

Awesome

Message 16 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Nicely played!

Message 17 of 21
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Well I caved in and looked at my fico score

Considering some places list this card as requiring excellent credit, I'm kind of surprised I was approved with a decent limit

Message 18 of 21
Jahmakan
Valued Member

I was approved for the Cash Reward card today too, with the same $5,000 limit. You guys give great advice.

Message 19 of 21
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Is 5k the starting limit for prime cards?

Are there any prime cards with lower limit than 5k?

I noticed capital one stated you have excellent credit if you have a cc with a minimum CL of 5k.

Is that true?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.