Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Chase card closures

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Chase card closures

@kdm31091 wrote:
Just because its not family or friends doesn't make it right. If you know its going to possibly get you shut down you clearly know its wrong.

Do what you want but the ethics are questionable period. No one can say it is totally the correct thing to do. You know full well its not. You just want rewards. To me its not worth having a shutdown which incidentally is probably not good for your credit

Even if its not against terms, you know its wrong or it wouldnt be a concern or a "loophole"! But to each their own, right?

Who are you talking too? Retail man.  How old are you? Bet I beat you by 25 years or more.

Signature needs updating
Message 41 of 160
kdm31091
Super Contributor

23. I was just talking in general to people who do MS
Message 42 of 160
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

It is what it is All i am hoping is i get my 70k UR points signup bonus before they decide to start closing all my accounts. 

+ 1

I wouldn't be heartbroken if they closed me.  I have other cards to use.  I do have 55K UR points and DH has 50K UR points.  

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 43 of 160
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

So I felt like giving my freedom a bit of love today after not using it for 8-10 days.. Due to all this BS... Anyways please listen to my story...

Went to the gas station, figured I would start there and payed at the pump... Inserted my card hit credit and put my Zip code in.. All of a sudden it said SEE CASHIER... I was like REALLY.. Anyways, went into cashier and pre-paid for 40 dollars gas there and it went through lol.. What are the chances of this happening?  I see the temp authorization at the pump for $1 then $-1 credited back to me, then the 40 I paid the cashier of cource... Had my heart going a bit there, so not closed out..  Went just through mcdonalds without issues again..   Anyways, just though I would share a moment of peer unluckyness on a pump denial for whatever reason, but it all worked out so farSmiley Happy

Message 44 of 160
Anonymous
Not applicable

O...Kay.
Message 45 of 160
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be careful about using words like 'ethics'.  While credit card companies may not like it and shut your account down ( as is their right), there is nothing unethical about the practice.  Credit card companies have to accep a lot of the blame themselves for people taking advantage of reward credit cards. What do they expect when 13/14 of their consumer cards are reward incentivized based on a spend amount.

Message 46 of 160
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So I felt like giving my freedom a bit of love today after not using it for 8-10 days.. Due to all this BS... Anyways please listen to my story...

Went to the gas station, figured I would start there and payed at the pump... Inserted my card hit credit and put my Zip code in.. All of a sudden it said SEE CASHIER... I was like REALLY.. Anyways, went into cashier and pre-paid for 40 dollars gas there and it went through lol.. What are the chances of this happening?  I see the temp authorization at the pump for $1 then $-1 credited back to me, then the 40 I paid the cashier of cource... Had my heart going a bit there, so not closed out..  Went just through mcdonalds without issues again..   Anyways, just though I would share a moment of peer unluckyness on a pump denial for whatever reason, but it all worked out so farSmiley Happy

I think it has something to do with the chip in the card if that is what you have.  I can never pay at the pump now in CT.  I always go in and hand it to the cashier.  He said it can't read it or something like that...

Message 47 of 160
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya it is a chipped one..

Anyways big banks and such as BofA and Chase and Barclay's etc all have no ethics.. We can all agree upon this.. This is why you all see them getting fined billions about every year each.. They are usually the biggest crooks out there.. They make more then they get fined, so they continue the behavior..  It really is sad kinda imho.

Message 48 of 160
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd be careful about using words like 'ethics'.  While credit card companies may not like it and shut your account down ( as is their right), there is nothing unethical about the practice.  Credit card companies have to accep a lot of the blame themselves for people taking advantage of reward credit cards. What do they expect when 13/14 of their consumer cards are reward incentivized based on a spend amount.

Interesting comment.

Message 49 of 160
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far uve only heard of UR cards getting shut down.
Message 50 of 160
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.