cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Creditcard.com's "Your Match" results...

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Thoughts on Creditcard.com's "Your Match" results...

After reading about creditcard.com and some of the sign up bonuses some cards seem to have attached to them if you app there, I thought I would see if any on my hit list have anything in effect.

I ran the Your Match tool and it spat back some pretty uber cards which honestly I have a real hard time believing would approve me.

BCP for example was at the top of the list. 

So it makes me wonder how folks here feel about the accuracy of that particular system and its results. 

I know sometimes they have some nice bonuses going on for specific cards.

Anyone have opinion or experience they care to share?

Thanks

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Creditcard.com's "Your Match" results...

At some point in January (I think it was Jan 8th, when creditcards.com offered 50 000 MR points for PRG and 100 000 MR point for Amex Plat) there was a huge discussion at flyertalk and other boards about Amex approving literally everyone who tried to do that.

I also gave it a try and got approved for PRG NPSL with only ~5 months history with BCE at that point and a couple of recent inqs.

I would probably say that during these promotions their acceptance criteria _might be_ a little bit lower than normally, but I still wouldn't expect them to approve anyone who burned Amex in the past or have any serious derogs recently.

But if you never had an Amex before, I'd say it might be a nice try to go for it now, as $250 bonus for BCP is quite nice (even subtracting $75 fot the 1st year AF you'll have net gain of $175, 6% for groceries for the 1st year and will most likely be able to PC it to BCE before next AF hits if you find no-AF card to be more suitable for you...)

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 2 of 38
Commandolam
New Contributor

I used it before applying and getting approved for the BCE and I got the $150 bonus for spending $500 within 3 months instead of the usual bonus.  I've heard being matched for cards using that tool means you have a good shot at being approved, but some other guy on FicoForum who tried it got declined.  

YMMV, I guess.  Judging only from the info in your sig, I'd say you have a decent shot.

Age: 20 | AAoA: 1.1 Years | TU Fico: 725 | EX Fico: 719 | EQ Fico: 693
Last App: 12/09/2013
Message 3 of 38
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@Commandolam wrote:

I used it before applying and getting approved for the BCE and I got the $150 bonus for spending $500 within 3 months instead of the usual bonus.  I've heard being matched for cards using that tool means you have a good shot at being approved, but some other guy on FicoForum who tried it got declined.  

YMMV, I guess.  Judging only from the info in your sig, I'd say you have a decent shot.

Thanks for the info.  Yea, some of the bonuses there are nice imo. 

I have a couple cards set to close their statements on Friday and then once they report to the bureaus, I am good to go app wise.  No derogs, no baddies, very very low inq and util on what I do have down to under 5%.  I just thought if I could locate great offers for the cards I am after, I might as well do so. Smiley Happy

Not apping til everything has reported though. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 4 of 38
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

After reading about creditcard.com and some of the sign up bonuses some cards seem to have attached to them if you app there, I thought I would see if any on my hit list have anything in effect.

I ran the Your Match tool and it spat back some pretty uber cards which honestly I have a real hard time believing would approve me.

BCP for example was at the top of the list. 

So it makes me wonder how folks here feel about the accuracy of that particular system and its results. 

I know sometimes they have some nice bonuses going on for specific cards.

Anyone have opinion or experience they care to share?

Thanks

tried it myself recently and came up with BCE, BCP,  Delta Miles, Cap1 Venture, No Hassle, and First Premier.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 38
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@mikka1 wrote:

At some point in January (I think it was Jan 8th, when creditcards.com offered 50 000 MR points for PRG and 100 000 MR point for Amex Plat) there was a huge discussion at flyertalk and other boards about Amex approving literally everyone who tried to do that.

I also gave it a try and got approved for PRG NPSL with only ~5 months history with BCE at that point and a couple of recent inqs.

I would probably say that during these promotions their acceptance criteria _might be_ a little bit lower than normally, but I still wouldn't expect them to approve anyone who burned Amex in the past or have any serious derogs recently.

But if you never had an Amex before, I'd say it might be a nice try to go for it now, as $250 bonus for BCP is quite nice (even subtracting $75 fot the 1st year AF you'll have net gain of $175, 6% for groceries for the 1st year and will most likely be able to PC it to BCE before next AF hits if you find no-AF card to be more suitable for you...)

wow, really? Wish i could have tried it then but then im glad i didnt cuz was not time for an application spree yet. Im going to try AMEX on the one year anniversary of my denial letter from them. Going to go through that site and keep my fingers crossed.

Message 6 of 38
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Very Happy Just beware of the fact, that offers on creditcards.com might disappear without prior notice :-)

I was basically waiting for March 14th for my wife to apply for PRG with 50k MR points and when the day came, I went to creditcards... just to see that this offer is no more there, just Delta, BCP and BCE.... arghhhh because it was still there on Mar 13th :-)

I'm obviously not pushing you to rush, but just keep in mind that those offers are only valid for the time Amex wants them to be valid :-)

But, on the other hand, they tend to appear quite often lately...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 7 of 38
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

@Commandolam wrote:

Yes, same here. I used it prior to apping for the Amex BCE. It was one of my "Exclusive Offers", along with the BCP, PRG, and Gold Delta Skymiles. I also got the $150 bonus for spending $500 in 3 months. I had just applied for the Chase Freedom within a 10 minute period when I got an instant approval for the BCE.

I also noticed the disclaimer on the bottom of my offers: "If you click through to apply for some of the credit card products shown, some issuers will know that you have come through the filtering process and that you meet certain criteria established by the issuer, such as having a credit score above an established minimum. If you do not click through and apply, the issuer will not know this information about you." So, maybe it does help somehow since you've already gone through an initial screening.

I have no proof on this, only my personal experience in that I got approved through their CardMatch feature. As always, YMMV.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 8 of 38
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@jakemod1 wrote:

@Commandolam wrote:

Yes, same here. I used it prior to apping for the Amex BCE. It was one of my "Exclusive Offers", along with the BCP, PRG, and Gold Delta Skymiles. I also got the $150 bonus for spending $500 in 3 months. I had just applied for the Chase Freedom within a 10 minute period when I got an instant approval for the BCE.

I also noticed the disclaimer on the bottom of my offers: "If you click through to apply for some of the credit card products shown, some issuers will know that you have come through the filtering process and that you meet certain criteria established by the issuer, such as having a credit score above an established minimum. If you do not click through and apply, the issuer will not know this information about you." So, maybe it does help somehow since you've already gone through an initial screening.

I have no proof on this, only my personal experience in that I got approved through their CardMatch feature. As always, YMMV.

thats cool to know and thanks for the info. Will apply thru there once August comes around. Going to do the trifecta applications spree with Citi, Chase, and AMEX.

Message 9 of 38
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Was matched to BCP on that site; app'd and was declined

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.