cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Creditcard.com's "Your Match" results...

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Creditcard.com's "Your Match" results...

@a3quit4s wrote:

Was matched to BCP on that site; app'd and was declined

awww, sorry to hear that. Then i guess there may not be so much thruth to that. According to the cards on your siggy, im sure you have pretty good scores. Do you know the reason for denial yet?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 11 of 38
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

I know nobody is pushing me to rush. Everyone's information is greatly appreciated. Believe me, I fully understand the value of people's opinions here who have done all I am doing previously when I hear don't do something, especially from someone pushing 100k in revolving credit limits, I tend to stop what I am doing and take an objective look at what I was considering.
I believe Bcp is out of my reach until maybe next year this time. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't but I want to play it safer if possible.
My strategy is to go for the card that will be harder to get first and then tackle the easier ones last. So I am thinking at best, BCE if it has a good bonus, discover it and chase freedom.
I find myself being tempted by the current Bcp and BCE bonuses though and I don't want to screw this up.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 12 of 38
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

I think most people are going to get the same offers.

I'm getting the same offers as everyone else, and I didn't even put in my SSN.

Somehow, I don't think this tool is very credit report specific.
Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 13 of 38
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:
(...)I believe Bcp is out of my reach until maybe next year this time. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't but I want to play it safer if possible.
My strategy is to go for the card that will be harder to get first and then tackle the easier ones last. So I am thinking at best, BCE (...).

A little bit offtopic, but from the lender perspective, I don't really think there's any difference between BCE and BCP acceptance criteria.

I can even assume that BCP might have slightly lower acceptance score threshold than BCE, as it has a potential of generating slightly higher fee income from AF.

So if you really want BCP and think it fits your profile better, than BCE does, I'd go for it. I have personally chosen BCE because I don't like AFs at all and I shop a lot in Target and Walmart, and AFAIK Amex does not give 6% on BCP in those stores, but not because I thought it's easier to get it than BCP...

Similarly, I don't really think that PRG or even Platinum cards have much stricter acceptance criteria than Green - as a lot is only about limit, not the color of the card...

Thought It's just IMHO, I might be wrong here.

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 14 of 38
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Thanks mikka.
I have heard that as well but slap me in the noggin and call me crazy, I just don't understand how a Preferred" higher echelon card could have the same lending criteria.
Of course I could be dead wrong and I'd love the 6% back (we shop 500 per month at Ralph's easy). Smiley Happy

Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 15 of 38
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

Do you need to avoid the inq? If it won't hurt you too bad to get a denial...

2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 16 of 38
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@a3quit4s wrote:

Was matched to BCP on that site; app'd and was declined

awww, sorry to hear that. Then i guess there may not be so much thruth to that. According to the cards on your siggy, im sure you have pretty good scores. Do you know the reason for denial yet?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-RECON/td-p/1944895

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 17 of 38
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@Henchman21 wrote:

Yea.  I'd like to avoid a inq if there is a good chance it won't result in an approval.  I might very well be overly cautious in that regard though. 

My inq picture is:

EX 7 but all old (well over a year and a half)

EQ 2 1 old, one from Jan 13

TU 2 1 old, one from Jan 13

Message 18 of 38
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

@Henchman21 wrote:

Yea.  I'd like to avoid a inq if there is a good chance it won't result in an approval.  I might very well be overly cautious in that regard though. 

My inq picture is:

EX 7 but all old (well over a year and a half)

EQ 2 1 old, one from Jan 13

TU 2 1 old, one from Jan 13

I don't blame you for not wanting any more. I suppose there's not some sort of SP pre-approval you can use. Maybe you can convince yourself to hold out until the EX inq's fall off? Smiley Happy

2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 19 of 38
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

I've mentioned this before on this board, but I don't really think creditcards.com is a very valid card "matching" service (especially considering you don't need to give them your SS to get matched), but they do have signup bonuses that are not found elsewhere. That is definitely the biggest value of the their matching service.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.