Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on FNBO, Wells Fargo, and others

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thoughts on FNBO, Wells Fargo, and others

FNBO has a footprint and if you are outside that footprint you need to get a targeted offer from them in order to get in, its how I did 5 years ago and today I have 3 cards with them totaling over 30K in credit. As stated they dont like lot of inquiries and they will pull ARS/IDA which shows ALL your inquiries not just the ones on a particular CRA. I have never banked with them.

Message 11 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Wells Fargo is new account sensitive and they do pull EX. FNBO isn't quite as conservative. They pull either EX or EQ. I had quite a few new accounts and Inqs. FNBO didn't bat an eye giving me the two cards I have with them now.

Message 12 of 16
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Gdale that's just for the proprietary products isn't it? What about the cobra fed, like a Speedway MC?
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 13 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@fltireguy wrote:
Gdale that's just for the proprietary products isn't it? What about the cobra fed, like a Speedway MC?

Ah yeah FNBO Direct is a way in forgot that they had this route available and a store MC that they issue can be a way in for their main cards if they send an offer. ALready having a relationship with them makes that much greater.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNBO is inquiry sensitive, but a little more lenient on some co-branded cards (sun country, gulf mc, best western)

They have INQ thresholds for X amount in 3 mo, X amount in 6 and X amount in 9 based on the product applying for
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

Ah yeah FNBO Direct is a way in forgot that they had this route available and a store MC that they issue can be a way in for their main cards if they send an offer. ALready having a relationship with them makes that much greater.

Speedway MC?  That card can also be used at Menards!  Oops. Got that backwards. Menards MC can be used at speedway!  Darn.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.