cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three days with Chase Sapphire Preferred!

tag
SimonP
Valued Member

Three days with Chase Sapphire Preferred!

After using my Chase Sapphire Preferred card only for three days, I can say that the card is cheaply made. I’ve only used the card in one restaurant and one retail store, and it already has several visible scratches on the front and back because of the swipe.

If you intend to use this card for anything other than online shopping, beware that it scratches too easily. In other words, the look doesn’t last!! You would think they use some kind of non-scratch coating after spending so much time and money on the fabulous design but ...

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Three days with Chase Sapphire Preferred!

@SimonP wrote:

After using my Chase Sapphire Preferred card only for three days, I can say that the card is cheaply made. I’ve only used the card in one restaurant and one retail store, and it already has several visible scratches on the front and back because of the swipe.

If you intend to use this card for anything other than online shopping, then beware that it does scratch too easily. In other words, the look doesn’t last!! You would think they use some kind of non-scratch coating after spending so much time and money on the fabulous design but ...

Reminds me of the Barlcay apple card. I used it 4 times and it already has a pink line where the magnetic stripe is and it shows up on the front of the card.

I would think the Sapphire Preferred would be better.

Message 2 of 20
SimonP
Valued Member

@CS800 wrote:

Reminds me of the Barlcay apple card. I used it 4 times and it already has a pink line where the magnetic stripe is and it shows up on the front of the card.

Yeah! I was shocked the moment the cashier handed me the card back. It was 20-30 parallel scratches on the front. If it was only on the back, it was tolerable but the front?

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred? 

Message 4 of 20
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

Are you sure merchants aren't scratching them on puropse out of jealousy? Smiley Frustrated  Never know..

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 5 of 20
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Ugh!!! I just hate that.  The Chase Ritz Carlton Visa is beautiful to look at as well, but you touch it, you scratch it.  Lost its luster.  LOL!!!

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 6 of 20
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Happen to all the cards that I have. Some less visible than others.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I absoutely love the look and feel of this card as well, but after light use I quickly realized this card will become very scratched up quickly...it's a shame...I have even been thinking of after a year how bad it may look that I may even call and ask for new card.

Message 8 of 20
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

I have the same problem, which is why I had them mail me a backup for when it gets dingy!!!!!

Message 9 of 20
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@SimonP wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Yeah! I was shocked the moment the cashier handed me the card back. It was 20-30 parallel scratches on the front. If it was only on the back, it was tolerable but the front?

20-30 scratches? Ouch! I would check the pending transactions! Smiley Wink

In response to the other poster, I have had the BCP since August and it's still doing OK.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.