cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thrilled! 10 years of history - Amex Backdating worked!

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Thrilled! 10 years of history - Amex Backdating worked!

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

AMEX is backdating my account to 1997!!

That is awesome Bro!!!!!

That will give you a very nice boost on your AAoA's!!!!

You should see a score increase a well, let us know.

Thanks, bro!  I am super excited. 

Congrats!

Details for your particular process?

No process.  They took my word. 

Message 21 of 50
MrShush
Valued Contributor

You gotta love AMEX for this gift! I was like you, OP. Applied after they sent me some offers and approved. Registered for the website and it was there as Member Since 1996! 15 years of instant history! Scores shot right up as a result. When I got the card it had '10 as the Member date which wasn't a big deal since I was still skeptical. After applying and receiving my Blue in 02/11, that card had the '96 Member date on it. Took a dice roll and requested a replacement card for my Green and when that arrived, it too had the '96 date on it. I didn't have to do anything but wait the couple billing cycles on either card for the trade lines to show on the bureaus and the 1996 was reported. No calls or emails, it just happened.

Message 22 of 50
DI
Super Contributor

I wonder why I had to ask to be backdated and some members get it automatically.  Do you all think they no longer have a record for some members who had old accounts?

Message 23 of 50
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

There are probably several possible reasons. 

From what I've read about this on this forum during the past 6 months, it seems like maybe as many as 30% of those asking for an update aren't found in Amex's files right off the bat.  That's from those who posted about it.  Were you an AU or the member DI ?

Message 24 of 50
DI
Super Contributor

@JRomulus wrote:

There are probably several possible reasons. 

From what I've read about this on this forum during the past 6 months, it seems like maybe as many as 30% of those asking for an update aren't found in Amex's files right off the bat.  That's from those who posted about it.  Were you an AU or the member DI ?

I was an AU. 

Message 25 of 50
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

I was too some 20 years ago. 

That's my guess as to why I wasn't readily found in their records.  My DW still has them listed on hers after all these years, possibly because she was the member.

Message 26 of 50
CS800
Super Contributor

@ficofox wrote:

For a while, I was pretty sure I was blacklisted from Amex but last week I was finally approved for the Platinum. Just received the card in the mail today, signed up online and it showed ....Member since 2001!!!! 

Got 10 years of history back just like that.  Smiley Happy Sure wish every creditor allowed backdating.

Looking forward to using this puppy for the free airport club access.

@ficofox wrote:

For a while, I was pretty sure I was blacklisted from Amex but last week I was finally approved for the Platinum. Just received the card in the mail today, signed up online and it showed ....Member since 2001!!!! 

Got 10 years of history back just like that.  Smiley Happy Sure wish every creditor allowed backdating.

@ficofox wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fox, did you have a CO with AMEX, that's why you thought you were blacklisted?

I had a card with them in 2001 that I closed in 2005 becasue i had too many cards. But my balance was 0. What are your scores if i may ask?

Message 27 of 50
DI
Super Contributor

@JRomulus wrote:

I was too some 20 years ago. 

That's my guess as to why I wasn't readily found in their records.  My DW still has them listed on hers after all these years, possibly because she was the member.

I think a successful backdating all depends on what CSR answer the  request.   But the member also have to be very savvy when inquiring about backdating. 

Message 28 of 50
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

Yes, no doubt DI, I contacted them 4 times since February.  Only when I found that old credit report and offered to email it to them did I get backdating results.

The Platinum is nice, I'm just bummed that they are parting ways with Continental/United on the club access.  If that hadn't happened, I tell myself I'd upgrade and drop the Admiral's club membership I pay or burn miles for every year.

But the PR Gold 3-2-1 point system seems better to me so I'm not sure.

Message 29 of 50
DI
Super Contributor

@JRomulus wrote:

Yes, no doubt DI, I contacted them 4 times since February.  Only when I found that old credit report and offered to email it to them did I get backdating results.

The Platinum is nice, I'm just bummed that they are parting ways with Continental/United on the club access.  If that hadn't happened, I tell myself I'd upgrade and drop the Admiral's club membership I pay or burn miles for every year.

But the PR Gold 3-2-1 point system seems better to me so I'm not sure.

I wonder what prompts them to ask some members for proof and not others.  I probably could have said I was a member since 1978 and got backdated. 

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.