Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs Down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thumbs Down

Well, it's official. Amex Blue Cash Preferred has gotten the "thumbs down" from oldest DD. Smiley Sad  She says it'sugly.  She wanted to know why they put blue "aluminum foil" on it. She also wanted to know why they skimped on the "paint" for the rest of the card (the clear plastic surrounding the blue "aluminum foil"). She even offered to go to work on it with some magic markers, She was totally unswayed by the cashback features, and the embedded smart chip (not even colored aluminum foil on that).

So much for the so-called "prestige" of credit cards. If it can't impress a tween girl, it's a lost cause. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Thumbs Down

Can you please let her fix the ugly card? I will love it if you can post the new card image once she is satisfied with her style fix...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 7
veracious
Established Contributor

Be thankful she's a youngster with discriminating taste.

A lot of today's youth aren't the least bit conscientious.

I know you're proud of her.   Wishing her the best of luck.

haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Whatever you do, don't let her see an American Express Clear!

I still say it looks like the aftermath of giant blue bug vs. windshield at 80 mph. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

well what do exactly girls that age like ? i'm not sure what card they would be happbuty with. maybe the kardasian card but thats not happening lol. dont judge a book by its cover

Message 5 of 7
barbaralee
Established Contributor

well what do exactly girls that age like ?

I get a lot of compliments on my Hello Kitty Debit card. Like tons... basically every time I whip that bad boy out. Even the guys go gaga over it.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

im not sure what guys your takling about. personally, i might throw up in my mouth alittle. but to each his/or her own ;-)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.