Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticked off at Citi

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: Ticked off at Citi

Well, their "excuse" makes total sense. If you have a ton of available credit that you aren't using, why should they extend more?
TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a "ton" of available credit...I have 2240 showing available from Juniper, 1000 from Discover and my Amex charge.  It's not like I have 40 grand in available credit.  I was just approved for BOA 123 and Chase Freedom 5k and 6k respectivly with no issues at all.  Oh well, just can't do business with Citi

Message 12 of 13
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Decided to add one more card to my mini spree after getting denied for BCE and still in pending review for Cash Plus, and Citi denies me with a 740 EQ and 80k a year income.  I call them and they give me the reason as being "Too low amount of revolving credit being used"...really Citi?  I'm sorry for not being in major debt.  FWIW my AAOA is 6 years and my history is 11 years

That's one of the reasons I let balances report even though I pif. Some banks are now reporting fine grain info so you can see card usage even when a customer pre-pays. Citi doesn't report this so there is a reasonable chance they don't utilize it when they pull CRs.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.