Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TigerPay ends May 4th, 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TigerPay ends May 4th, 2015

Got a letter today from Comenity, "We regret to inform you that the TigerPay Credit Card program has been discontinued" as of May 4th, my TigerPay account will be closed and TigerDirect will no longer accept these cards as a form of payment. Smiley Sad I've only had my account a couple months, lol.  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Re: TigerPay ends May 4th, 2015

Ahh good info thanks.  I was wondering why all of my apps werent going through.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a letter today from Comenity, "We regret to inform you that the TigerPay Credit Card program has been discontinued" as of May 4th, my TigerPay account will be closed and TigerDirect will no longer accept these cards as a form of payment. Smiley Sad I've only had my account a couple months, lol.  

Is this one of the hidden TL's?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It shows on my credit report with limits and spending, so I don't think it is hidden.  I've wanted the card for years, and finally got approved back in Feburary, and now it's gonna go bye bye lol

Message 4 of 11
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Its closing on Star Wars day, eh?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but the 4th isn't with this one, lol

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will need to see if I get the same letter as I have opened up my acct a few months ago as well.  But if that is the case what can ya do.

Message 7 of 11
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

Just got my letter today..... a little late. lol 

Said the same thing as OPs. Oh well I didnt really use it anyway. 

I wonder why they are closing it? what justification do they possibly have? 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe becuase not enough people are using it? Revenue earned is less then the cost of the program? IDK, maybe they are switching to Synchrony, who knows lol

Message 9 of 11
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

The TigerPay seemed redundant to me, if one had the PayPal for the extended financing. If I remember right, there used to be a version of the card that was "powered by Bill Me Later" (hidden) and Comenity went and required folks to open new TigerPay (visible)  accounts. 

On the business side, TigerDirect is closing up almost all of their retail outlets, on top of already closing down all of the websites and stores that were branded as CompUSA and Circuit City over the last few years.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.