Regular Contributor
pozativelyliving

Time To Nurture A Few Of My Cards...

I've been reviewing the list of credit cards that I currently have. It doesn't look like I can expect any increases from Captial 1, Orchard is now part of their family so it looks like that will be grouped in with them. My highest CL is Target ($3k) but they don't do many credit line increases.  I'm happy with that line and I like the store so the card will be used. I'm looking at that card as mature. It probably won't grow much. 

That leaves Barclay's Merrick and Walmart. I think I can get Barclay's to grow every 4-5 months and the same with Walmart. That one is my runt but I think it can be a healthy boy someday. Merrick said that they don't accept customer initiated CLIs but they will review the account after 5-6 months so that might grow too. These 3 cards will go into a different section of the garden. 

It's all about time and caring for them now...

EX 638 (Lender 9/1) TA 650(Walmart 9/1) EQ 655 (FICO - 9/17)
Goal - 700 Club in '13!!!

My Wallet - Cap 1 - $300. Cap 1 - $750. Orchard - $950.
New as of 8/29 - Target - $3000. Barclay's - $2000. Merrick - $1000. Walmart $600. And as of 9/22 - JCP $200.
Established Contributor
TNTransplant

Re: Time To Nurture A Few Of My Cards...

Yep, I'm with you in the garden... 

I also picked up some excellent cards over the last month or so, and now I need to do some serious gardening to get my AAoA back up and let some inquiries age off.

Unfortunately, I got a little crazy (it's an addiction) and picked up a couple that I don't want/need - caught up in the app spree success, I guess.  After one year, I plan to close several of my cards that I really am not using, as it's too much of a hassle to keep track of when I've last used them.  I think I have something like 15 right now (:smileyembarrassed:), and will most likely cut this down to less than 10 just for manageability.

Barclays and Walmart should definitely grow, and I had a Merrick card back in the day that did OK.  I started out with a $1000 CL, and after 4-5 years they had auto-CLI'd me to $3600.

Good luck to you in the garden. :smileyhappy: 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}