Mega Contributor

Re: Time and time again...

@adavis425 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:
We're all really just speculating at this point. You need to look at your EX report now ( you can go ahead and pull a free copy since AMEX denied you ) and look at the denial letter ( you can go to the on~line application status website and read it without having to wait for snail mail )

Tried that. It says no app was found, but it does tell me I was denied. Smiley Indifferent

Are you using Firefox as a web browser?? If so, use IE. Its a known problem for amex decline letters not showing up on Firefox.

I tried both with the same results. AMEX taunts me! Smiley Indifferent

Can you post a screenshot of the error msg. your getting?

Not any more.. Now I get

Card Application Status

Sorry, you have exceeded the allowable number of attempts Please try again in 24 hours.

Return to Status Site
Resume previous site activity

For answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about your application, click here

Eh....Smiley Very Happy

You may have to wait for the letter then....

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 24
adavis425
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:
We're all really just speculating at this point. You need to look at your EX report now ( you can go ahead and pull a free copy since AMEX denied you ) and look at the denial letter ( you can go to the on~line application status website and read it without having to wait for snail mail )

Tried that. It says no app was found, but it does tell me I was denied. Smiley Indifferent

Are you using Firefox as a web browser?? If so, use IE. Its a known problem for amex decline letters not showing up on Firefox.

I tried both with the same results. AMEX taunts me! Smiley Indifferent

Can you post a screenshot of the error msg. your getting?

Not any more.. Now I get

Card Application Status

Sorry, you have exceeded the allowable number of attempts Please try again in 24 hours.

Return to Status Site
Resume previous site activity

For answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about your application, click here

Eh....Smiley Very Happy

You may have to wait for the letter then....

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL I know, right?  All I can do is laugh. It is after all just a CC. But I do want that revolver for the backdating. They'll give it to me just to make me go away.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 22 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Yea they should Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 24
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

How can I apply for a student citi foward card and given an email reason as to why I was denied, but you don't know why you were declined for a BCP?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.