Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for Amex CLI decision?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Time for Amex CLI decision?

I requested a CLI April 24th, filled in the online 4506-T and still haven't got a reply.  (I have called and told they are still processing or maybe waiting for the IRS).   I guess this might have been a bad time just after tax day, but it seems loooongggg.....!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
rlx01
Established Contributor

Re: Time for Amex CLI decision?

There are no humans involved in a 4506-T, but I think were technically still within the IRS processing timeframes... Depends how you filed your return.

How much did you ask for?
Message 2 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:
There are no humans involved in a 4506-T, but I think were technically still within the IRS processing timeframes... Depends how you filed your return.

How much did you ask for?

The original message said 15-30 days, so yes, still in the timeframe, but I had hoped with the automated 4506-T, things would be quicker.

I asked for $40K

Message 3 of 13
rlx01
Established Contributor

I'm about to ask for 50k (from 30k) on my SPG.

We'll see how that goes... Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:
I'm about to ask for 50k (from 30k) on my SPG.

We'll see how that goes... Smiley Happy

My 6 month CLI waiting period is up this week, I think Ill shoot 45, 50k this time around, too Smiley Happy

*Gets papers ready for faxing*

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 5 of 13
inthewoods
New Contributor

I’m in the same boat. Applied around the same time you did, filled out the online form, and am still waiting to hear anything. What years did you include on the form? I wanted 2014 income to be considered, despite the instructions that said that 2014 numbers may not be available from IRS until August. However, I have confirmed that IRS does provide my 2014 transcript for download already.

Message 6 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

There's a bunch of recent posts on the mortgage forum on the IRS getting hung up responding to the 4506-T requests.

It's just that time of the year: moral of the story don't ask for a big honking Amex CL at tax time Smiley Happy.

        
Message 7 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

There's a bunch of recent posts on the mortgage forum on the IRS getting hung up responding to the 4506-T requests.

It's just that time of the year: moral of the story don't ask for a big honking Amex CL at tax time Smiley Happy.

Speaking of the IRS... When is this years 4506-T available?  June of this year?   Thought I read that it was June for prior tax year?

Message 8 of 13
rlx01
Established Contributor

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Takes forever mine took almost a month and they denied me for 25k but I called back and guess what the nice lady on the phone approved me for 20k!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.