Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for another credit card?

tag
danlaxx1
Established Member

Time for another credit card?

Hey everyone. I have a few questions... Recently I started to rebuild my credit. I had a bad experience with credit cards when I was younger and recently (November 2009) finally got a new one. I haven't missed a payment and have seen my score go from a 586 in June of '09 to a 650. Currently I have a $500 HSBC card and an $800 Bloomingdale's card (I have not received a CLI on either card yet). I have been thinking about applying for another card and was interested in the Discover Escape card. Does anyone have any experience with this card and should I wait until my score increases a little bit more before I apply? Thanks in advance!

-Dan

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Time for another credit card?

I used to have a Miles Rewards credit card, then I PCed it not long after I got it. 15000 Miles = $150 ticket doesn't work in my book.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 2 of 3
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Time for another credit card?

IMO, I would wait until 6 months from getting your most recent card.

I would also time my payments so that the utilization on both cards is reported low (10% or less) the month before I apply.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.